Tahirih is seeking to hire a full-time Pro Bono Program Coordinator to support the Silicon Valley Pro Bono Immigration Network (Network) in Tahirih’s San Francisco Bay Area office based in San Bruno, California. Reporting to the department’s Executive Director, the individual will be responsible for oversight and project management of the Network.
The Silicon Valley Pro Bono Immigration Network is a collaborative effort by legal services organizations in Silicon Valley to share resources, infrastructure and staff to increase pro bono volunteer engagement to serve a higher volume of low-income immigrant clients in the Silicon Valley.
Central to the Silicon Valley Pro Bono Immigration Network is the Pro Bono Network Coordinator. The Pro Bono Network Coordinator is a Staff Attorney or Project Manager based at thehost organization Tahirih Justice Center. While the Pro Bono Network Coordinator is based at Tahirih Justice Center, this role is responsible for providing support across the Network, to all legal services organization participants (“LSO Participants”). The Pro Bono Network Coordinator will be an employee of Tahirih (the host organization).
The Pro Bono Network Coordinator, in addition to participating as an ambassador of Tahirih’s work, is responsible for oversight and project management of the Network, including:
Managing Pro Bono Opportunities
- Coaching Network participants in pro bono project design and innovation
- Recruiting and communicating with volunteer attorneys, interpreters, and administrative coordinators regarding all pro bono opportunities through the Network
- Providing on-the-ground day-of general coordination of all pro bono clinics coordinated through the Network in collaboration with the Lead LSO and LSO Participants conducting the clinic.
- Collecting pertinent client information to facilitate the conflicts checks process on behalf of LSO Participants with pro bono partners
- Matching full-scope pro bono cases with pro bono volunteers
- Facilitating and encouraging regular iteration and innovation of all pro bono opportunities provided through the Network by LSO Participants
- Maintaining uniformity of pro bono coordination and execution across all pro bono opportunities offered through the Network
Communications and Data Management
- Sending out monthly email reports to all LSO Participants and pro bono directors for law firms, corporations, and law schools with pertinent information regarding a number of pro bono opportunities matched through the Network that month, volume and demographics of Network clients, and other data points.
- Maintaining records and databases of all Network data including clients, pro bono volunteers, pro bono opportunities, impact and evaluation survey data, etc.
- Analyzing and providing written reports to LSO Participants in the Network regarding survey and other data collected by the Network to be used by all LSO Participants in the Network for communications and grant reporting purposes as needed
- Creating and updating all Network communications materials including the Network’s external and internal website
Building the Network
- Ensuring all Network participants have signed and adhere to the MOU
- Holding quarterly convenings in person and other conference calls as needed of all LSO Participants to reinforce roles and responsibilities and properly onboard new LSO Participants
- Collaborating and connecting with broader network of current and potential new LSO Participants
- Strategic planning for the future of the Network, specifically, facilitating a development plan in collaboration with LSO Participants
- Administering grant and other project management tasks required to maintain ongoing support for the Network
- Bachelor’s degree with at least four years of relevant project management experience or J.D. with at least two years of relevant project management experience
- At least one year of experience providing paralegal, administrative and clerical support in an office setting, including experience with data entry, with strong preference for prior immigration law experience
- Demonstrable proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word (candidates may be tested)
- A customer service orientation with a calm, courteous, attentive and professional manner
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Highly organized with the capacity to troubleshoot and resolve problems to facilitate office efficiency
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects independently in a fast-paced environment
About the Tahirih Justice Center: The Tahirih Justice Center is a growing national non-profit organization that supports the courage of immigrant women and girls who refuse to be victims of violence by providing holistic legal services and advocacy in courts, Congress, and communities. Through pro bono holistic legal services, community outreach and education and nonpartisan public policy advocacy, Tahirih protects women and girls seeking protection from gender-based human rights abuses such as domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, female genital mutilation, honor crimes, and forced marriage. Tahirih is a Bahá’í-inspired organization and works to create a world where women and girls can live in safety and with dignity. Tahirih’s 70 employees work from offices in the DC metro area, Baltimore, Houston, Atlanta, and the San Francisco Bay Area.
Annual salary and benefits: Competitive compensation depends on experience. Generous benefits include fully-paid employee health, vision and dental insurance; a 401(k) defined contribution retirement plan; flexible work schedules; professional development including in-house training programs, staff enrichment retreats and other growth opportunities. Employees have a very generous self-managed leave benefit inclusive of vacation, sick and holidays, including an office closure the week between Christmas and New Year’s.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submissions: Please submit at cover letter, resume, and a list of three references
Please note: Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
Tahirih Justice Center is committed to equal opportunity and promotes equity and transparency as core values. Tahirih practices inclusiveness in decision making through the use of consultation with employees throughout the organization. Tahirih does not discriminate against any person on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, ability, gender, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Applicants committed to equity from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and identities are encouraged to apply.