46 Orchard Street
Location: Asheville, NC
Start Date: TBD
Salary: (depending on experience, plus medical and retirement benefits)
Required Education: 4-Year Degree
The Southern Alliance for Clean Energy, a Southeast regional, not-for-profit, environmental advocacy organization, is seeking a highly motivated, organized and creative individual to serve as a full-time Development Associate.
The Development Associate will primarily be responsible for:
- Drafting grant proposals and reports
- Maintaining careful records of all grants
- Tracking and notifying staff of upcoming grant deadlines
- Conducting and managing prospect research
- Drafting donor stewardship letters/updates with input from the Sr. Director of Development & Operations and program staff
- Reviewing/Editing materials drafted by program staff
- Drafting quarterly stewardship updates to members & supporters
- Drafting other SACE print and web collateral as assigned
- Regularly collecting organizational accomplishments from program staff
- Identifying and researching new funding opportunities
- Working closely with the Membership, Development, & Communications teams to draft & review other content as needed
In addition, the Development Associate will work with the Sr. Director of Development and Operations on other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must be committed to the mission of Southern Alliance for Clean Energy; have 3 or more years of professional or non-profit experience; demonstrated ability to write with a compelling message and effectively under pressure; have excellent research, planning and organizational skills; be a team player; possess good decision-making, problem-solving and interpersonal skills; knowledge of the internet and related e-communications; be proficient at Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint; be able to work in a fast-paced deadline driven work environment and take initiative. The ideal candidate will have basic web knowledge and an understanding of climate and energy issues.
ABOUT SOUTHERN ALLIANCE FOR CLEAN ENERGY
The Southern Alliance for Clean Energy (SACE) promotes responsible energy choices that work to address the impacts of global climate change and ensure clean, safe and healthy communities throughout the Southeast. After more than 30 years, SACE remains the only regional organization solely focused on transforming the way we produce and consume energy in the Southeast. SACE has offices in Knoxville, Asheville, and Atlanta and is recognized as one of the region’s leading organizations tackling environmental and clean energy issues.
SACE is an equal opportunity employer and considers candidates for employment without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital status or sexual orientation. SACE is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and we strongly encourage applications from women and persons of diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds. Compensation offers are commensurate with nonprofit compensation in the Southeast.
Minimum Education Required