Details: Pay is negotiable, and dependent on experience.
AIDA (www.aida-americas.org) is an international environmental non-profit organization dedicated to justice for the environment in the Americas. We defend the environment and communities in vulnerable situations by disseminating knowledge, crafting winning legal arguments, strengthening policies and legislation, and creating model strategies for communities to enforce the law. AIDA team members are located throughout the Americas, with offices in Mexico and Colombia. Ideally, the Manager will be in the San Francisco Bay Area, though qualified applicants based elsewhere are welcome to apply. AIDA donors are located mostly in the United States and we seek to expand our fundraising initiatives outside of the United States.
The Manager of Donor Development stewards the cultivation of donor gifts, from public support campaigns to relationship-building with mid- and major-level donors and prospects, as well as philanthropic advisors and foundation trustees. We are looking for a self-starter with strong interpersonal skills who is able to work both collaboratively and independently. The position requires excellent interpersonal skills, creativity, and analytical skills. Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and be highly detail-oriented.
The Manager is a key member of our fundraising team, supporting AIDA’s Co-Executive Directors, Attorneys, and Advisors, and works closely with our Communications team.
· Mainly, to grow and develop the community of AIDA donors to increase funds raised from individuals.
· Develop and implement appropriate cultivation strategies for donors and prospects at various giving levels, including face-to-face meetings, phone conversations and correspondence.
· Build and maintain a working knowledge of AIDA’s casework and programs.
· Ensure that donors receive interest-specific and appropriate organizational and program updates, response to queries, and gift acknowledgements.
· Work with the Communications team to craft high quality, relevant and appropriate materials for donors including Monthly Updates, Quarterly Newsletter, and Annual Report.
· Lead the strategy for and implementation of public support campaigns including email appeals, Global Giving, holiday giving and social media.
· Organize fundraising and cultivation events.
· Support foundation fundraising by pinpointing and helping to cultivate new relationships with trustees and board members.
· Maintain accurate donor information and task records in our donor database.
· Experience with and understanding of varied fundraising and donor development strategies.
· Excellent English writing and oral communication skills.
· Proficient Spanish language skills.
· Experience with donor research, relationship development, solicitation, and stewardship.
· Familiarity with public support campaign tactics, list building techniques, and use of social media to attract donors.
· Experience in managing and executing fundraising events.
· Initiative, good judgment, and a strong work ethic.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Familiarity with fundraising tools such as Salesforce, Classy, and Constant Contact.
· Ability to work in cross-cultural settings and to develop strong remote partnerships.
· Rapid learner motivated to use new data management and communications systems.
· Awareness of and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from non-US cultures, and diverse backgrounds and orientations.
· Commitment to serving the public interest.
The position preferably will be based in the San Francisco Bay Area, though AIDA is a virtual team with members located throughout the Americas. Qualified applicants based elsewhere are welcome to apply.
Level of Language Proficiency
Excellent English 100%
Proficient Spanish 75%
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com with the subject line, “Manager of Donor Development.”
Only complete applications will be considered. Please send only requested documents and communicate via email.
AIDA is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity.