17 Battery Place
Community Access is a progressive not-for-profit organization that expands opportunities for people living with mental health concerns to recover from trauma and discrimination. We are built upon the simple truth that people are experts in their own lives. Our programs are spread across 20 locations and include over 1,200 units of supportive housing in three boroughs, a new Adult Home Initiative, advocacy and Supported Education programs, a peer-driven Crisis Respite Center, and other initiatives.
Salary : Hourly rate is $31.25
Location : Bronx & Queens
The Regional Coordinator (2 positions exist) is responsible for the effective planning and delivery of the AHI Peer support and advocacy services, providing supervision and team building to the Peer Advocate teams. This role collaborates with the AHI Director in developing and implementing policies, practices, and procedures; and assists in the management of fiscal resources. The Borough Coordinator also helps to establish productive, collaborative relationships with the array of AHI stakeholders and partners.
All staff are responsible for incorporating the following principles into their work: participants’ right to self-determination; respectful communication; and delivering services consistent with and nurturing
each participant’s cultural background, experience, identity, and values.
*Recipient/survivor of mental health services, required
* Minimum of a High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
* At least one year of supervisory experience, required
* At least two years of experience working in behavioral health setting, required
* Thorough understanding of and commitment to peer support
* Strong understanding and practice of peer work, recovery, wellness and related services
* Attentive to details in documentation and data collection, reporting and analysis
* Ability to travel and work afternoons, evenings and weekends
Bilingual Spanish-speaking candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Interested candidates should apply on www.communityaccess.org/jobs
Community Access is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.
Women, People of Color and Members of the LGBT community are strongly encouraged to apply.
CA is committed to the hiring of at least 51% consumer staff, in all of its departments and programs, and at all levels of management.
Minimum Education Required