217 West 147th Street
National Dance Institute, a leading arts education organization, seeks a detail-oriented Accounting Assistant. Candidates must demonstrate an ability to excel in a fast-paced, creative and collaborative environment, and have a positive “can do” attitude and approach to work. This entry level position reports to the Finance and Human Resources Manager.
Provide entry level accounting and administrative support related to the daily operations of the Finance department for an established, thriving, arts-oriented non-profit.
* Enter and process bills and payment requests
* Assist with vendor inquiries and discrepancies
* Enter and reconcile cash, credit card receipts and deposits
* Assist with collections
* Reconcile assigned accounts
* Create and distribute reports
* Organize and maintain accounting files
* Assist with other finance and administrative tasks as assigned
* Liaise with various departments and external audit and finance professionals
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
* Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Demonstrated knowledge of debits and credits a plus
* Demonstrated ability to take initiative and follow through on tasks to completion with minimum supervision
* Excellent computer skills with competence in using Microsoft Office software and working with database and/or accounting programs
* Bachelor’s degree
* At least one to two years of nonprofit or small business administrative and office support experience
National Dance Institute is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our policy is to select, place, train and promote the best-qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, military status, domestic violence status, sexual orientation, predisposing genetic characteristics, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Salary commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter, resume, salary expectations, and three (3) professional job references to email@example.com
Only qualified candidates will be considered and contacted. Please no phone calls!