Details: Starting salary is commensurate with experience
55 Exchange Place
New York City Office
Who We Are
The Hispanic Federation (HF) is the nation’s premier Latino nonprofit membership organization. Founded in 1990, HF supports Hispanic families and strengthen Latino institutions through work in the areas of education, health, immigration, civic engagement, economic empowerment, & the environment. Values that shape our work include equality, fairness, diversity and empathy.
Who We Seek
The Hispanic Federation (HF) seeks a Vice President for Development to oversee and manage its fundraising strategy, development and execution. The role requires an individual who is a strong leader, understands and is passionate about the mission and vision of HF, exemplifies its core values, and can articulate its mission to donors and prospects in a way that both educates and compels them to give. The successful candidate will have experience meeting 8 figure annual fundraising goals utilizing multiple fundraising channels.
Position Specific Responsibilities:
The Vice President for Development is a member of the Executive team, reports directly to the President and also works with the Senior Vice President, and VP of Finance, VP of Programs, VP of Public Relations and Board of Directors to plan, lead and implement all fundraising activities for the Federation. The Hispanic Federation is looking for a seasoned fundraising leader who shares our commitment to the Latino community.
· Build and manage all donor relationships, including an extensive donor pipeline. Increase donor stewardship and retention and cultivate new corporate and foundation partnerships.
· Oversee all fundraising initiatives and grow our fundraising efforts with a solid strategy and execution plan.
· Manage and personally solicit a group of major donors and coordinate the cultivation of new prospects; develop a strategy around how the organization grows major gifts, including the introduction of planned giving vehicles.
· Create fundraising strategies to wrap around appropriate events, initiatives and programmatic work.
· Develop strong communications and recognition of donors and prospects to maintain and build the image of the Federation.
· Leverage Federation board members to increase fundraising results and relationship building.
· Establish annual goal and objectives and be accountable for ensuring that set goals and objectives are met.
· Support executive staff, board member and volunteers in all aspects of donor solicitation and stewardship.
· Provide analysis and reporting on the overall performance of fundraising against goals and strategic plan.
The Vice President of Development will also be involved in the strategic planning process and other strategic decisions for the entire organization.
Building on a strong experience base and creative intellect, design and pursue growth strategies for existing fundraising channels. As part of senior leadership team, she/he will identify new opportunities to expand organizational funding from charitable or earned sources and design, plan and lead successful new fundraising channel initiatives based on well-crafted strategies.
Donor Relations and Cultivation
The VP for Development will create, implement, manage and evaluate a comprehensive donor relations plan to support organizational fundraising efforts including responding to donor concerns and/or requests, gift acknowledgements, program information and stewardship. She/he will foster a positive, ongoing relationship with donors and ensure that long-term relationships are forged and maintained through proactively educating donors on outcomes and results of HF’s efforts. This will involve the design and implementation of growth and retention strategies with existing donors and opportunities to forge new donor relationships. She/he will oversee the development and management of donor cultivation and fundraising events, and play a leading role in fundraising for the annual gala.
Leadership and Team Development
Manages and nurtures the Development staff, including hiring, training, and evaluating performance. Contributes to continued growth of organization through team development, participation in senior leadership team discussions and Board of Directors decisions. Participates in Board meetings, and serves as staff resource for the Board’s Fundraising Committee.
Communications, Branding and Marketing
The VP for Development will work closely with the Vice President for Public Relations to build a communications strategy that supports all fundraising and program efforts. She/he will understand, communicate and enforce the organization’s values, policies, guidelines and practices, maintain and update organizational brand standards and communicate and enforce execution of the brand. S(he) will partner with public relations efforts to ensure brand representation and adherence across in-house advertising, graphic design, social media, direct mail, website and in communications such as the annual report and other mediums.
The VP for Development will direct procurement of all necessary outside resources for the execution and support of organization’s fundraising efforts including outside print and mail shop suppliers, internet email and website providers, database providers, and telemarketing technology vendors. She/he will develop and ensure adherence to organizational policies and procedures as well as the timely review of supplier needs and pricing.
The VP for Development will also manage the design and implementation of the Raisers Edge donor management platform, and successful completion of the system migration activities. She/he will collaborate with IT support and outside experts to ensure seamless management and implementation of all Fundraising applications and components critical to the organization’s capacity to raise funds.
Travel 10% - 25%
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree
· At least 10 years of fundraising and development experience in progressively responsible leadership positions, overseeing operational and performance outcomes
· Verified track record of meeting or exceeding measurable fundraising goals in a fast-paced nonprofit environment
· Strong background managing all aspects of fundraising including high net worth individuals, foundation and corporate relations, online and direct mail
· Experience creating budgets and forecasting revenue
· Experience in the use of social media and social networking (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) and technology (i.e. website) to communicate with donors, generate revenue, educate the public and broadcast mission
· Proficiency with fundraising applications using available data to perform comprehensive donor data analysis and reporting
· Strong understanding of data utilization and management, as well as the effective use of fundraising technology and data for strategic operations and decision-making
· Experience supervising and managing a geographically distributed team with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, delegate responsibility, and inspire, engage and motivate staff.
· Highly creative and entrepreneurial individual who is a strategic thinker and a strong fundraiser with a passion for connecting people with a mission and its programs
· Outstanding communication skills: an attentive listener, an articulate speaker and clear and persuasive writer.
· Flexibility with creative approaches to challenges and opportunities
· Skilled in developing, managing and supervising a multi-channel development team with a focus on professional development
· Demonstrated understanding of issues and operational characteristics of departments in a complex Development division and how they collaborate to create a fundraising pipeline.
· A high standard of professional and ethical conduct, integrity, and accountability.
· A demonstrated commitment to Latino causes
Education and Certifications
· Four-year degree from an accredited college or university. Masters or advanced degree preferred.
· Certification from the Association of Fundraising Professionals (ACFRE) or Certified Fundraising Executives (CFRE) is highly desired.
This is a full-time, permanent position based in our New York City office. Starting salary is commensurate with experience; benefits package includes medical, dental, vision and matching 403 (B) retirement plan.
Health, Vision and Dental and 403B retirement plan
Minimum Education Required