Details: This is a part-time hourly position. Pay rates are based according to BSP instructor wage scale
Building Skills Partnership (BSP) is a non-profit organization and a unique collaboration between responsible businesses and Service Employees International Union-United Service Workers West (SEIU-USWW) to build a strong future for low-wage service workers and their families by advancing skills, opportunities and self-sufficiency.
BSP is looking for instructors to teach our Green Janitor Education Program (GJEP) at different sites. This program covers many sustainability topics. Previous experience teaching green sustainability is not required, however we highly encourage applicants to have an interest in the field. This is a part-time contract position. Teaching schedule will vary depending on each site. Classes will begin in mid to late September and all curriculum and materials will be provided in advance. This is an hourly independent contractor position and pay rates are based according to BSP instructor wage scale. Instruction will be primarily in Spanish and at times, in a bilingual setting (English/Spanish).
Key Job Responsibilities
- Prepare and present programs' curriculum and materials to participants
- Create lesson plans, evaluate student performance and give out assignments and projects
- Engage effectively with students in both Spanish and English
- Keep organized records of daily class attendance
- Model sustainable habits and concepts for students
- BA required, MA preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish/English, written and verbal fluency, required
- Pursuing degree in Education, Environmental Studies/Sciences, Sustainability, or other equivalent in developing and/or delivering training presentations, preferably in a multicultural context
- Experience of at least two years teaching, preferably adults
- Flexibility, strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong intercultural communication skills; demonstrated ability to work effectively with people from other cultural backgrounds
- Strong social, written and verbal communication skills
- Must have transportation to visit training sites
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
The BSP office is located in Los Angeles and our class will take place in Calabasas, CA.
HOW TO APPLY
Email a resume with cover letter explaining interest and qualifications to Claudia Fernandez at email@example.com
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in Spanish/English, written and verbal fluency, required
Minimum Education Required