Position Summary: The Executive Director is the key management leader of the Center for Sexual Pleasure and Health. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the fundraising, budgeting and financial monitoring, administration and operations, programs, and strategic plan of the organization. The Executive Director ensures the execution of the organization’s mission and adherence to the organization’s core values. Other duties include: staff management, community outreach, and public relations. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Fundraising & Development
- Create and execute annual fundraising plan that capitalizes on the organization’s strengths and available resources in order to meet budgetary goals and expand programs and services.
- Develop genuine relationships with donors and organizational partners and steward these supporters to position the organization at the top of their philanthropic priorities.
- Manage donor database for accurate and up-to-date data in regards to donors and gifts received. Ensure data is kept and securely stored to make appropriate asks of and stewardship plans for current donors.
- Conduct prospect research to identify and cultivate new donors.
- Expand revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations as well as support future strategic planning goals.
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence through rigorous program evaluation, consistent oversight of financial and administrative systems, and guiding all fundraising, communications, and service provision.
- Actively engage and energize the CSPH’s staff, volunteers, Board of Directors, interns, alumni, organizational partners, funders, donors, sponsors, and local community in CSPH programming and fundraising activities.
- Guide the development and implementation of documentation systems and record keeping to measure successes and areas of growth that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
- In partnership with the Board Treasurer and Finance Committee, develop annual budget and present to the Board of Directors for approval, with detailed rationale and evidence of feasibility.
- Monitor budget and cash flow and prepare and present reports in collaboration with the Board Treasurer at monthly Finance Committee meetings and bi-monthly meetings of the Board of Directors.
Additional Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, supervisory roles, supporting education/training of staff, public speaking, and attending CSPH events. For complete job description, please click here.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in business administration, management, nonprofit leadership, marketing/communications, or a related field.
- Must have a working knowledge of the field of sexuality, intersections of health topics and sexuality, reproductive justice, intersectional approach to sexuality, LGBTQIA topics.
- Master’s Degree and/or professional certificate in fundraising, executive leadership, nonprofit management.
- 3-5 years of experience preferable with specific training and/or direct work experience in nonprofit management, fundraising, and/or business leadership
- Understand of and commitment to the CSPH’s core values: cultural inclusivity, sex positivity, feminism, LGBTQIA rights, reproductive justice and choice, sex worker rights, body-positivity, kink/BDSM awareness, anti-racism, anti-ableism, and economic justice
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, highly adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people while demonstrating integrity, positive attitude, passion and being mission driven.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in social justice and in developing and sustaining an inclusive, effective organization.
Posting closes on: 15 JUNE 2018. Screening of candidates will start immediately. Early applications are encouraged.
The Center for Sexual Pleasure and Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We consider qualified applications for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, Flexible Paid Time Off
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applicants should submit the following documents in .PDF format to HR@theCSPH.org with the subject line “[Your Name] Executive Director Application”:
- Cover letter
- Sample of fundraising writing (i.e. annual appeal letter, grant request, etc.)