Product and Marketing Manager
San Diego, CA
Leah’s Pantry is hiring a Product and Marketing Manager to support the products that fuel our innovative nutrition and cooking programs designed for low-income Californians. These products are: EatFresh.org, EatFresh.org Mini Course, Food Smarts Curriculum, and our training and consulting practice (including the Nutrition Pantry Program.) Additional products in development! The job is 75% internally focused - working with our existing team and subcontractors to maintain, innovate and market our products. About 25% of the job is external facing, working with partners who are using our products in the field.
- An experienced, passionate, and creative marketing and design professional interested in making a big impact in nutrition security - the intersection of public health, food justice and food security.
- Able to articulate what brings you to this work - your strength is your story. Leah’s Pantry is working to build a staff of diverse backgrounds and voices.
- Able to manage and innovate the current suite of products - online tools like websites and e-learning, standard curriculum products and a consulting/training practice.
- A great written and oral communicator with an ability to create messages for different audiences.
- Someone who can bring a marketing mindset to our products and develop and execute strategies for each product. Experience with Google Ads a must.
- A whiz with Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.) You are able to generate documents and images to support programs, social media and development staff in addition to keeping curriculum and support documents in tip-top shape.
- Experienced managing technical and design subcontractors including contract development, workflow and communications. Experience with Agile a plus. You would function as product owner during development sprints and work closely with the scrum master from our web development firm.
- Easy-going but focused; able to drive projects in a collaborative environment filled with busy people working across several offices in California.
- Comfortable with careful listening and a steep learning curve. You will be joining a team of thoughtful and committed individuals with a lot of experience about how our innovative products work on the ground.
- Pretty techie. Though we are a nonprofit, we defy stereotypes in this area!
- Comfortable and personable with a wide variety of partners in email and phone communications. There will be considerable interaction with external partners using our products.
- Familiar with human centered design and the power of storytelling. Our programs and products need to integrate user / client voice at every level.
- Able to see the big picture; our programs and products overlap and weave together. We need someone who has experience understanding how interdependent products and programs work together to create impact.
This position reports to the Executive Director and has one support staff in addition to occasional interns. We will consider candidates interested in 30-40 hours per week. Salary commensurate with experience within the normal range for nonprofit professionals at this level. A large portion of this position is funded by government contracts.
Health benefits and 3 weeks vacation pay included.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please complete the online application at http://leahspantrysf.org/careers/. Only online applications are accepted, please include a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations.