Details: depending on experience
Immaculate Heart Community (IHC), is a nonprofit multiservice agency that advocates for social and economic justice and is committed to building relations in society to foster human development. This position is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic leader to help to strengthen, grow and professionalize an established nonprofit organization. IHC is committed to building relations in society, which foster access of all persons to truth, dignity, and full human development, and to strategically change practices and situations, which impede such access.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Program Coordinator provides general program and administrative support to the Immaculate Heart Community Membership (IHM), its Committees and Commissions. Primary responsibilities of this position include: supporting various commissions and committees to accomplish their goals; coordination of annual meeting, workshops and events of the IHM; oversight of routine office operations; managing and directing incoming calls; responding to general inquiries for information about the Immaculate Heart Community, its history and works; preparation and maintenance of files; providing general administrative office support.
IHM Committee and Commission Support
Provide general administrative support to all IHM committee and commissions including document preparation and distribution; maintaining files; staffing certain meetings; calendar of events; coordinating meeting schedules and times; acting as a liaison between IHM committees and commissions and staff.
Provide clear and responsive communication to IHM committee and commission Chairs as needed to support coordinated efforts to meet their annual goals.
Work with Committee Event Chairs in all aspects of event logistics: registration; invitations; identifying and securing event locations, food, lodging, etc. In addition, gathering and preparing documents to distribute; additional coordinate support for speakers, AV, etc.
Provide administrative and logistical support and coordination for fundraising committee event including: registration; food and location; managing list of sponsors, donations, advertisements, etc.; staffing event and processing payments; etc.
Support the preparation for and staff of the annual Membership Assembly meeting.
Oversee and manage communication with Membership to include: sending notices, managing membership requests, sharing office and Membership news, sending newsletters, etc.
Answer general phone inquiries using a professional and courteous manner, directing phone inquiries to the appropriate person or department, takes messages, and schedules meetings.
Creating, maintaining and updating the database for Membership donations, information, and support.
Coordinating and managing the production of the monthly member newsletter including: developing and maintaining the editorial calendar; working with Director of Advancement, editorial team and staff to ensure content is relevant and deadlines are met.
● Maintain paper and electronic files for Administrative Office, order and maintain office supplies, oversee Administrative Office coordinated efforts.
● Ensure various administrative tasks are done in an effective and efficient manner, including copying, scanning, reviewing outside mail, drafting correspondence, screening phone calls when requested, and maintaining executive files as needed.
● Coordinate the maintenance of office equipment
● Assist Administrative Office operations: data gathering and submission of grant reports and applications, processing and reporting donations, sending thank you letters, opens and sorts mail and delivers it to the appropriate personnel.
● Work independently and within a team on special and nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Act as a project manager for special projects at the request of the IHM President which may include; planning and coordinating multiple projects, disseminating information and organizing events.
● Actively nurture and advance the cooperative, harmonious and teamwork oriented environment IHC strives to promote within the workplace; through daily efforts and presentation promote an atmosphere of dignity and respect in line with the organization's mission, philosophy, policies, and procedures.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
Successful completion of a background investigation (including a criminal history check)
Paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal days
403(b) Retirement Plan
Other Available Benefits:
Mileage Reimbursement, Cell Phone Allowance, Longevity Awards, and all other federal and state leave entitlements.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates, please email your cover letter and resume, and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the Subject line of your email, indicate “Program Coordinator [and your name]”. Incomplete packets will not be accepted. No phone calls, please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Please regard your resume as having been received unless your email is bounced back.