Make a difference in the lives of New York City’s older adults, their families and the community. For over 50 years PSS has performed vital and important work – through its ten senior centers, three apartment buildings, caregiver services and affiliated programs, the agency touches the lives of over 1,000 people a day. As the Senior Director of PSS Circle of Care, you will oversee the team of care consultants that provide family caregivers with the information, counseling, home assessments, educational training, respite and supplemental services that they need. You will also cultivate community partners and provide oversight of program outreach initiatives such as PSS’s Dementia Friendly Community (DFC) initiative and Dementia Friends New York. The Senior Director's role is vital in ensuring that effective supportive service networks are established and services and programming are effectively delivered in communities throughout NYC.
- Oversight of overall operations of the Circle of Care program serving the five boroughs of NYC
- Plan and assure successful execution of all programs and services in support of our caregivers’ contracts and agency strategic plan.
- Assure effective services that included information and referral, care consultation, support groups, respite opportunities, education programs, safety services and early stage programs.
- Oversee establishment and coordination of Circle of Care Caregiving Stations throughout NYC to meet program goals.
- Recruit, train and manage staff to provide casework and other responsibilities, including: group facilitation and training, coordination of services and support services.
- Assist in development of specific caregiving-related trainings and presentations for external professionals in the field.
- Outreach, promote the agency, build relationships and assure the delivery of PSS’ Circle of Care educational programs and referral processes to key constituents and groups such community organizations, services providers, employers, and other organizations throughout NYC.
- Provide strategic oversight of the PSS Circle of Care Dementia Friend Community (DFC) model – which includes the launch of new Dementia Friendly Communities (DFC’s), in collaboration with a cross-sector of community partners (community-based organizations, health, business and faith institutions).
- Oversight of the launch and execution of the Dementia Friends – NY statewide initiative in collaboration with AgingNY and the New York State Department of Health.
- Develop and maintain liaisons with other organizations, as appropriate, to collaborate in outreach efforts or other partnership opportunities.
- Maintaining program budget, including oversight for the timely and accurate ordering and allocation and distribution of resources.
- Effectively utilize social media and other digital and communication tools to reach a broad audience.
- Assure that contracted unit, goals, objectives and measures for the programs are met. Responsible for assuring the accurate tracking and reporting of clients and units of service.
- Assure that all pertinent client records and center files are maintained, accurate and kept up to date by staff.
- Submit required reports in a complete and timely fashion, which includes the regular unit and expense reports compiled by staff.
- Demonstrate leadership, lead team meetings and provide effective supervision of staff, interns, and volunteers. Including completion of performance reviews, coaching, and helping to advance the staffs’ professional development.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Licensed, SIFI Certified
- 3+ years of clinical experience working in a healthcare setting, geriatrics or mental health with expertise in Alzheimer’s Disease and other Dementias
- 3+ years of experience implementing and delivering community programs
- Knowledge of risk management issues related to Alzheimer’s Disease and other dementias
- Experience in supervision and leadership of staff, interns and volunteers
- Detail oriented, adaptable, organized and able to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which can include evenings, early mornings and occasional weekends
- Excellent Office Management Skills
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills (written and oral)