134 W. 26th St.
The National Museum of Mathematics (MoMath) is a nationally unique institution that provides insight into mathematics for diverse audiences of all ages. Its interactive exhibits and stimulating programs encourage inquiry, spark curiosity, and reveal the wonders of math. Building on its early successes as Manhattan's only hands-on science center and as an innovator in engaging the public with math, MoMath is entering an exciting period of expansion as it establishes its position as an important cultural institution.
MoMath is seeking an experienced, dynamic Chief Development Officer to play an integral role in that expansion. Reporting directly to the Executive Director/CEO of the Museum, the Chief Development Officer will serve as a key member of the Museum's top leadership group, and will lead the Museum's overall fundraising efforts, expand its network of potential donors, and increase support from individual and institutional contributors.
This is a full-time, permanent position based in New York City. More information about MoMath is available at www.momath.org.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Plan strategies to develop donors, generate contributions, and recruit new Trustees, in collaboration with the Executive Director and the Board of Trustees.
· Orchestrate the implementation of all development strategies.
· Develop existing Museum relationships and research, identify, and cultivate potential new individual and institutional funders.
· Utilize a full spectrum of fundraising methods (e.g., personal appeals, applications and grant proposals, direct mail, email, and online fundraising).
· Support a robust schedule of Museum cultivation and fundraising events.
· Set fundraising goals and budgets.
· Manage the day-to-day operations of the development function and development staff, ensuring a high level of quality and efficiency.
· Maintain close communication with top Museum management regarding fundraising strategies and progress towards goals; report periodically to the Board of Trustees.
· Successful record of at least seven years in the development field, preferably in New York City
· Demonstrated proficiency in establishing and managing relationships with donors in all categories
· Ability to lead, motivate, and organize a development team
· At least ten years’ experience in not-for-profit organizations; significant experience with museums or educational institutions preferred
· Proven ability to implement annual and long-term strategic development plans
· Strong interpersonal skills, together with excellent verbal and written communications
· Bachelor’s degree required
· CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Executive) certification preferred
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience; full suite of benefits included.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send the following materials to email@example.com with a subject line that includes “Chief Development Officer” and your name:
- A cover letter explaining how you meet the criteria
- A current résumé
- A 150- to 500-word statement concerning your views on mathematics or a life experience you have had related to mathematics