Part-Time Assistant, Conference and Banquet Services Department
- Job posted by UJA-Federation of New York
Details: $25 an hour
130 East 59 Street
About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
Are you looking for a part-time position to utilize you event planning experience?
Do you like organizing gatherings both small and large?
How about a fast paced working environment? If this sounds like you- apply now!
Conference & Banquet Part-time Assistant offers a flexible schedule; 10-15 hours a week for 8-10 months of the year. Primary responsibilities include but not limited to: responding to incoming online requests for food, beverage and equipment vendor purchase orders and floral purchase orders. Candidate will be expected to respond to online orders, review and confirm requirements, place orders with appropriate vendors, submit contracts to the legal department, negotiate changes, manage vendor payments, confirm receipt of orders and follow up for customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate and manage all food, beverage, equipment and floral vendor purchase orders for off-site functions
- Coordinate with staff and vendors to ensure proper delivery of goods and services
- Submit contracts to the legal department, manage vendor payments, confirm receipt of orders and follow up with internal customers
- Research event venues and kosher vendors for future events with an emphasis on smaller spaces ie.: bars, private event spaces, galleries, screening rooms
- Update, expand and maintain current event venue files with an emphasis on bars, galleries, screening rooms
- Update and organize digital photo library so that they are more user friendly and easily accessible
- Special projects as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies:
- College graduate or currently pursuing an undergraduate college degree required; preferably in hospitality, restaurant or event marketing management
- Minimum one year of general administrative/office experience in a professional environment or experience in working in the hospitality industry preferably in a food and beverage or event planning environment
- Customer service oriented
- Desire and interested to work in hospitality/food and beverage industry
- Strong verbal, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to take initiative
- Ability to maintain effective and organized computer filing system for fast retrieval
- Flexible, reliable and enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of Kosher catering a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your application directly to our job board at UJA Careers Page.
Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.