1041 Wisconsin Avenue, NW
Reports to: Executive Director
Mission of Georgetown Ministry Center:
Georgetown Ministry Center guides vulnerable, chronically homeless individuals towards stability and housing through street outreach, provision of a safe and welcoming environment where everyone is treated with respect, and advocacy for the homeless. We seek lasting solutions to homelessness one person at a time.
The Director of Development will drive Georgetown Ministry Center’s fundraising efforts to meet annual funding goals. The director will be responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual and corporate donors, foundations, and congregational members in collaboration with the Executive Director and Board of Directors. The Development Director will also organize and carry out fundraising projects, campaigns, and events throughout the year that will allow the center to expand its network of donors, increase funds to support outreach efforts, and identify opportunities for increased support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Foundation and Corporation Relations
- Manage relationships with existing foundations/corporations
- Research and develop relationships with potential foundation/corporate donors
- Oversee the reporting process for existing grants
- Secure grant funding to fulfill the center’s needs
- Individual Donor Management
- Strengthen and develop relationships with major donors
- Lead the development team to identify and cultivate new relationships with donors
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Board of Directors develop a plan to manage the donor stewardship process and donor stewardship campaigns
- Work with the Communications Manager to establish individual donor solicitation strategy and communication plan.
- Plan and promote fundraising events several times per year.
- Manage support staff (including contacted vendors) to oversee logistics of events
- Maintain and develop strong relationships with collaborating vendors
- Build and strengthen relationships with VIPs at intimate major donor events
- Develop a plan to manage sponsor stewardship throughout the year to ensure securing sponsorship for upcoming events
- Budgets and Finances
- Collaborate with Executive Director and other key stakeholders to develop annual and five year fundraising plans working from existing successful programs
- Review monthly financials and answer income related questions from accountants, auditors or board members
- Work with the Executive Director to establish annual operating budget
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or over 5 years of creating and managing development activities in the non-profit sector
- Experience closing 5 to 6 figure deals in non-profit or for-profit sector
- Passion for and experience in development, marketing, major donor relations, foundation relations, growth marketing, or start-up operations
- Complete understanding of fundraising principles and best practices
- Passion for Georgetown Ministry Center’s mission and programming
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational and managerial skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including interviewing and writing with concise, descriptive, and persuasive writing style
- Effective at working as part of a team and autonomously in a fast-paced environment
Salary and Benefits:
Competitive benefits; Salary commensurate with experience.
Georgetown Ministry Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Resume, cover letter, and salary requirements should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, to the attention of Lissa Ramsepaul, LICSW.