Details: Depending on experience. Benefits include a generous health insurance plan, a retirement plan, and more.
About New York Cares: By developing programs that respond to pressing community needs, New York Cares—New York City’s largest volunteer network in the city—provides a lifeline of support to our city’s most vulnerable residents. Last year, we mobilized more than 64,000 individual volunteers and hundreds of companies, civic and youth groups to help improve the lives of over 400,000 struggling New Yorkers. Our volunteers donate their time and talents at more than 1,300 nonprofits and schools across the five boroughs to improve education, meet immediate needs, such as hunger and homelessness, and revitalize public spaces.
New York Cares prides itself on a culture of excellence, defined by integrity, reliability and professionalism. We have been awarded The New York Times Nonprofit Excellence Award, which recognizes outstanding management practices, and the Peter F. Drucker Award for Nonprofit Innovation. The NonProfit Times, Crain’s New York, The Princeton Review and The Wall Street Journal have all recognized New York Cares as a top-notch employer.
We seek an ambitious, creative, and engaging manager to plan and execute multiple special events and fundraising campaigns.
The Development Manager is part of a highly motivated fundraising team, consisting of the Chief Development Officer, a Director, and 2 additional Development Managers. This role will execute a number of development activities in special events and individual giving.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Engage New York Cares’ active young professionals committee (the Rising Leaders Council) in the planning and execution of several fundraising events throughout the year
- Support Director of Individual Giving and Special Events on Annual Gala event
- Ensure revenue goals are met by partnering with New York Cares leadership to identify, recruit, manage and steward donors and volunteer fundraising committee members
- Support the development team in identifying, cultivating and managing high-level donor relationships that impact revenue generation
- Manage coordination of correspondence, financial records and statistical reports as needed and facilitate records, evaluations and reports ensuring revenue is tracked accurately and in a timely manner
- Work with the team to plan and execute fundraising for other annual events, including New York Cares Day for Schools, Coat Drive, Winter Wishes, and others as needed
- Represent New York Cares’ mission and programs to external parties by building and maintaining strong organizational knowledge
The Development Manager will be a highly motivated self-starter who will tackle all projects with enthusiasm and a commitment to exceptional performance. Successful candidates will have a strong desire to learn, interest in the nonprofit space, and:
· Two or more years of experience in non-profit fundraising, sales, community affairs, community organization, special events, or corporate development
· Superior relationship management skills; able to work independently and collaboratively with a variety of personalities and leadership styles
· Exemplary written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to listen effectively
· Exceptional attention to detail and strong proofreading and editing abilities
· Highly organized and professional demeanor
· Collaborative and energetic work style
· Ability to manage concurrent multiple assignments, meet tight deadlines, and prioritize accordingly
· Broad-based computer skills (MS Office required, Salesforce experience highly preferred)
· A flexible schedule, including the ability to work late evenings, early mornings, and occasional weekends as needed
Minimum Education Required