Responsible for the full cycle Payroll Processing for Child Trends Inc. This position involves handling highly confidential and sensitive information and interaction with staff at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare annual payroll schedule and process payroll Semi Monthly for Part-Time, Full-Time and Hourly employees
- Enter new employee data in to the ADP Workforce Now system.
- Update payroll taxes, garnishments and direct deposits in ADP
- Review payroll information associated with newly hired and terminated employees, wage verification, pay rate changes, status changes, benefit deductions in ADP.
- Maintains employee data in payroll (ADP Workforce Now).
- Administers and maintains company timekeeping system in ADP and providing training for new-hires.
- Review employee timesheets and assure that they are adequately approved.
- Contact and resolve any discrepancies and related questions with ADP.
- Review and process of 403B for employees Semi Monthly.
- Verify that employee expenses are accurate, reasonable and within Child Trends guidelines
- Process employee expense reports
- Assist Accounting Manager and HR with special projects as assigned.
- Review and maintain all ADP reports.
- Maintain physical employee payroll files.
- Prepare journal entries related to Payroll, benefits and leave accruals.
- Review the W-2s and other year-end reports prepared by ADP.
- Assist with annual Workers Comp Audit.
- Assist in Year End Audit
- Reconcile flexible spending accounts
- Reconcile all general ledger accounts related to payroll entries
- Upload payroll journal entries to accounting software for posting
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 2 years of direct related work experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited university
- Knowledge of GSA travel regulation is a plus
- ADP experience is a plus
- Excellent writing, organizational, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of office administrative procedures and use and operation of standard office equipment.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy. Ability to work well with others and handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Analytical ability to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritize work.
- Keen attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials, and meeting deadlines.
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Must be very efficient with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to learn quickly
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please follow the “apply” link to submit an application. Please combine cover letter and resume into one document before uploading. If you have any difficulties with this process please email the requested materials to recruitment (at) childtrends.org and make sure to reference the position in the subject line. No phone calls please!