2 Kingsland Avenue
The Chorus Instructor will be responsible for designing and delivering curricula for performing arts enrichment activities for M.S. 582. The position requires a passionate, creative, energetic, team-building leader committed to providing the highest quality of programming for youth.
- Design and deliver curricula for Chorus
- Submit lesson plans prior to each class to Arts Coordinator and Program Director.
- Lead performing arts activities that are engaging and age-appropriate
- Work towards a final showcase performance
- Plan and facilitate purposeful and engaging activities and theme-based projects catered to the age, stage and interests of participants
- Serve as a positive role model for participants by demonstrating professional language and behavior
- Develop positive, caring relationships with young people
- Utilize youth development principles to enhance program quality and support growth in young people
- Collaborate with co-workers and program supervisors
- Must hold or be pursuing a degree in performing arts.
- At least one year experience working with children and young teens in afterschool settings HIGHLY preferred
- A sound understanding of English including reading, writing and speaking; bilingual abilities a plus
- Ability to collaborate with other team members
- A genuine enthusiasm for developing professional skills through training opportunities, observation, coaching, and feedback
- After School Availability between 2pm-6pm, approximately 12 hours a week; Monday, Tuesdays, and Thursdays
- Comply with School Age Child Care (SACC) requirements; including background check and medical clearances.
- Must be empathetic, patient, understanding, and a good listener
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please include cover letter and resume, with "Chorus Instructor" in subject line to "email@example.com"
Include video of previous student performances/classes if possible.