The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Manager, Health Promotions to join our incredible team in the Southwest Region. Working as a member of the Health Promotion & Education Team you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for carrying out the mission of the American Lung Association by managing the organization’s Signature Programs, including Freedom From Smoking, Better Breathers Clubs, and LUNG FORCE Expo. The successful candidate will support the Director of Programs by managing administration and logistics as assigned and implementing program activities to ensure maximum community participation. This position will also oversee community outreach efforts, including health fairs and wellness events, recruiting and supervising volunteers, and active engagement with community agencies and organizations. This is a grant-funded position.
- Ensure that program grant reports are submitted in accordance with funding guidelines and deadlines.
- Manage health promotion budgets. Monitor budgets and exercise control over expenditure of funds.
- Conduct outreach and develop relationships with decision-makers for program implementation.
- Serve as a community resource and referral for community members, coalition members and volunteers needing assistance on various lung health and tobacco projects.
- Address inquiries regarding Signature Programs, including Freedom From Smoking, Better Breathers Clubs, Asthma Basics, Open Airways For Schools, LUNG FORCE Expo, and Lung Helpline.
- Participate as a staff representative on various community organizations
- Track and report relevant community events.
- Outreach via Social Media, phone calls, and emails
- Manage programs inventory (literature/display, lung kits, health fair materials, etc.)
- Recruit, train, coordinate and guide volunteers. Cultivate relationships and effectively engage volunteers. Work with the Development team to cultivate volunteer roster.
- Create and distribute monthly newsletter to all Programs volunteers.
- Collaborate with Development on annual Inspiration awards.
- Responsibilities regarding Freedom From Smoking program and Better Breather Clubs:
- Recruit facilitators and sponsors
- Develop and implement creative marketing strategies to promote Clinics and Clubs
- Ensure all administrative tasks are completed (e.g. reporting metrics, database maintenance, etc.)
- Create FFS clinic packets as needed (participant packets, facilitator materials, completion certificates, etc.)
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Support the planning and implementation of Lung Force Expo
- Administrative and logistic support as assigned
- Assist in planning and implementation of Smokers Strike Out and Kick Butts Day events.
- Deliver presentations, educating select audiences on ALA Signature Programs.
- Support national sponsorship goals and assist with fundraising events.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university is required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in health program management required.
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication—written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Proficient in social media.
- Willingness to learn, be adaptable, and flexible.
- Able to work with minimum direction, organize, and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to cultivate and steward relationships across a diverse population.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends with some overnights required.
- Must have a vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (event supplies).
- Must be computer proficient.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free work place; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
The American Lung Association offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, LTD, Matching 403(b), Paid Vacation/Sick/Holidays.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to (include job title and job number in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V