2115 Ward Ct. NW
Habitat for Humanity of Washington, D.C. (DC Habitat) seeks a Database & Development Operations Manager to help meet fundraising goals by managing the infrastructure that supports our fundraising and donor outreach efforts and completing gift entry, production of donor acknowledgements, and report generation. The Manager will maintain our SalesForce database by setting standards for data entry, ensuring the integrity and accuracy of all data, and conducting regular data hygiene. They will work closely with the development team to perform prospect research and to assist with communication, stewardship, event coordination, and support tasks as needed. This position reports to the Senior Development Manager.
DC Habitat envisions a Washington where everyone has a safe, decent place to live. We create and preserve affordable housing by building affordable homes, providing low-cost home repairs, and offering financial and home ownership education to low-income families in the nation’s capital.
- Manage the data entry and processing of all pledges, gifts, and contributions.
- Ensure data integrity by establishing and enforcing standards for database and donor and volunteer records including data entry policy and procedures, tracking, and coding systems.
- Oversee database upgrades and recommend changes to improve data management, development processes, and general efficiency.
- Stay up to date on best practices and database updates.
- Create an internal database training and policy guide, train staff on database usage, and troubleshoot issues.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with vendors or service providers for database or related services.
- Prepare, track, print, and mail all acknowledgement letters. Ensures the timely mailing of appropriate acknowledgements and tax reporting information.
- Create and run queries and produce financial, analytical, and statistical reports on development activities on a regular or as-needed basis.
- Assist with revenue projections, tracking, and reconciliation.
- Run financial reports for reconciliation and preparation for audit with finance office.
- Compile data and run lists for Annual Report.
- Conduct fundraising and prospect research to support more effective solicitation of current and potential donors.
- Respond to donor inquiries and provide exceptional front-line service and support to donors and prospects.
- Support donor stewardship implementation including include outreach to lapsed donors, surveys and information gathering for current donors, and other engagement efforts.
- Provide support for special projects, fundraising events, and other strategic fundraising initiatives.
- Assist with other duties as assigned to support the development department.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or lawful permanent resident with valid driver's license
- 2-4 years of experience in fundraising database management and administration (SalesForce preferred)
- Well-versed in industry trends and best practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint, and experienced in producing graphs, charts, and reports
- Impeccably organized and takes pride in meticulous attention to detail
- Strong administrative, and time management skills
- Takes initiative and thinks strategically and analytically
- Flexible; able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and customer service skills
- Team player and self-starter who is able to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Interest in affordable housing and community development with a passion for Habitat's mission
Habitat for Humanity of Washington, D.C. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
DC Habitat employees receive competitive salaries, generous vacation time, 401K matching, and health care benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to PK Drago at firstname.lastname@example.org.