1025 Vermont Ave. NW
District of Columbia
Individual Giving Intern
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance seeks a part-time (minimum 20 hours/week, up to 32 hours/week), paid intern to assist our growing organization in fulfilling its mission. The Individual Giving Intern will work with the Individual Giving Team assisting with data management, prospect research, Facebook fundraisers and other tasks in an effort to enhance overall fundraising efforts.
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance is a national organization committed to ending colorectal cancer within our lifetime. We help patients and families, survivors and caregivers, navigate their diagnosis and treatment, connecting them with those who can share experiences and knowledge, address concerns, and identify resources to meet their needs. We partner with healthcare professionals and social influencers to raise awareness of preventative screening, and we collaborate with researchers to better understand the disease and fund critical research. Our efforts are urgent, effective and efficient because we believe that tomorrow can’t wait.
- Proactively researches current major donors and major donor prospects, and provides updates to the Individual Giving Team on giving potential and wealth screenings.
- Manages the donor thank you note process for the Senior Manager of Individual Giving and the Vice President of Development.
- Construct mailing lists and segmented mail mergers for fundraising appeals.
- Performs basic data entry and ongoing database maintenance in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems (SalesForce & Rallybound).
- Manages process for returned mail and performs necessary research to update donor addresses in both CRM Systems.
- Facilitates stewardship of family members who have lost a loved on to colorectal cancer.
- Engages with Facebook Fundraisers and maintains all data reporting for Facebook gifts.
- Performs all other duties as required.
- This position is available as a summer internship with a strong preference for someone who can continue through the following academic year.
- B.A./B.S. degree preferred.
- Interest and experience in nonprofit fund development desired.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.), Google Suite and Social Networking Platforms.
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Rallybound and fundraising database platforms strongly preferred.
- Excellent writing and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, exercise professional judgment and discretion.
- Team-oriented, flexible, positive, personable, and eager to learn.
Part-time: Must be available for a minimum of 20 hours/week.
Ideal Start Date
Senior Manager of Individual Giving
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send a resume and a cover letter to Jordan Winn, Senior Manager of Individual Giving at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include subject line “Individual Giving Intern. Applications without the required items will not be considered.