15 Allerton Street
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY ON OUR SITE! Do not submit resumes through Indeed or other External Sources as it does not capture the full application.
About City on a Hill (CoaH):
City on a Hill graduates college-ready students that are responsible, resourceful and respectful democratic citizens, who are prepared to compete in 21st century community, culture and commerce. We do so by emphasizing academic achievement, citizenship, teacher leadership, and public accountability.
City on a Hill began with a single high school in Boston, opening its doors in 1995. Currently we have three locations: Circuit Street (Roxbury, MA) Dudley Square (Roxbury, MA) and New Bedford. We invite you to join our nationally recognized team of innovative and collegial educators who are fully committed to a culturally diverse faculty and student body.
Please note that this position is based out of our Circuit Street location in Roxbury, Massachusetts.
- Manage the school’s building(s) and grounds. Proactively address all safety, security, and cleanliness concerns. Network manages major building maintenance, including emergencies, renovations, and new construction.
- Open the building at 6:45am Monday-Friday.
- Maintain building key inventory and alarm codes, coordinating access and records with the Principal, HR Manager and Network Operations Manager. Ensure the building is secured when not in session (eg: evenings, weekends, vacations, etc.)
- Ensure that all facilities inspections are up-to-date and appropriate documentation is maintained onsite.
- Coordinate with the Facilities Associate to ensure that all building emergencies are responded to promptly including during off-school hours. On call availability required.
- Schedule established facilities vendors for on-site work. Some evening, weekend, holiday and/or school vacation hours may be required to ensure vendors have access to the building when necessary. Vendors that are not CORI checked must be supervised at all times when students are present in the building.
- Manage operation ticket system and ensure requests are responded to promptly. Urgent safety and security concerns should be responded to within one school day. Routine requests should be responded to within three school days.
- Coordinate logistics of all fire and safe mode drills.
- Ensure all classrooms and offices have updated emergency evacuation maps.
- Manage Operations supplies budget and inventory following all purchasing procedures.
- Manage implementation of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) plan.
- Verify all building service invoices for accuracy.
- Maintain accurate records of asset inventory.
- Complete all tasks detailed on the CoaH Facilities Checklist and Vacation Closing Checklist.
School Nutrition Program
- Serve as School Nutrition Manager and as the point person to meet with DESE Admin Reviewers and ongoing reporting requirements.
- Ensure food service program is in compliance with federal and state requirements as directed by the Network Operations Manager. This includes:
- Serve as the financial steward of the school meal program. Place meal orders by vendor deadlines and manage meal waste.
- Coordinate the school wellness policy
- Obtain, maintain and post food safety certifications.
- Maintain food service bulletin board and all required signage.
- Manage an accurate meal tracking system.
- Maintain all USDA, DESE, and CoaH required food service records including production records, temperature logs, and delivery receipts.
- Manage student allergies in coordination with school health team. Proactively communicate menu changes, procedures, and concerns to necessary staff.
- Verify food service invoices for accuracy within 5 school days of receipt.
- Ensure safe food handling practices and cleanliness standards are followed at all times by food service staff.
- Summarize and provide monthly nutrition data for the Network Operations Manager.
- Determine student transportation eligibility and maintain records.
- Maintain student transportation program created up by Network. Issue, replace, and cancel passes based on up to date student enrollment information.
- Coordinate daily SpEd and as-needed extracurricular transportation.
- Verify all transportation invoices for accuracy within 5 school days of receipt.
- Submit MBTA back up data to Network Operations Manager monthly within 5 school days of invoice being issued.
- Maintain monthly transportation student eligibility data and back up and provide to Network Data Manager for February Claim.
- Respond to and troubleshoot low-level, onsite technology issues as they arise.
- Manage copy machines, including ordering supplies and coordinating service calls.
- Work with IT team and Chief of Strategy and Operations to maintain records of staff assigned technology, including cell phones and laptops.
Data & Scheduling
- Receive master school schedule supplied by Network Data Manager and schedule all individual students. Work with Manager and appropriate stakeholders to resolve all conflicts and special circumstances according to established calendar and deadlines
- Implement approved student schedule changes
- Work with the Principal and Network Data Manager to build and maintain school-level Summer School schedule.
- Work with the Principal and Network Data Manager to build and maintain school-level Freshman Academy schedule
- Create and coordinate all midterm and final jury schedules
- Coordinate all MCAS ordering, scheduling, exam security and make-ups.
- Coordinate ACT Aspire set -up, scheduling, and administration.
- Plan for and create Special School Schedules and arrange transportation and facility booking logistics as requested by the Princial
- Staff the main office from 7:30am-9:00am and on demand when Office Manager is not in office (eg: lunch). This includes answering phones, greeting visitors, and issuing tardy passes.
- Collaborate with the Office Manager under the supervision of the Principal to ensure a professional culture.
- Issue student IDs.
- Maintain high cleanliness and maintenance standards
- Ensure Facilities Associate has completed daily/weekly/monthly tasks and meets deadlines.
- Supervising school custodian’s workflow management for all facilities issues ad follow-up on work orders.
- Oversee work completed by vendors/subcontractors.
- Evaluate and help prioritize facilities projects after discussing with Facilities Associate and Network as necessary.
- Plan and supervise school vacation and summer maintenance.
- Create and implement an annual maintenance schedule.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong Computer Skills:
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills including Excel and Word
- Experience with both Mac and PC Operating systems
- Experience with Google docs, data entry and queries
- Ability to walk up and down stairs; push, pull, lift and reach up
- Strong communication skills with office team, school staff and academic leaders
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment with many interruptions and background noise
- Ability to prioritize, organize and focus on changing demands with varying interactions including students, staff, faculty and parents
- Demonstrated experience developing and following procedures
- Ideal candidate:
- Works independently to move tasks forward
- Is comfortable asking questions
- Can take large amounts of information, sort through to determine priorities and relevance
- Is able to break down broad scope projects into smaller segments to organize workload
- Must have access to reliable transportation to respond to off hour’s emergencies.
- Experience in a customer service role
- Strong attention to detail and consistent follow-up
- Experience working with high school students and families preferred.
The City on a Hill Instructional Philosophy and Background:
City on a Hill is a Network of teacher-centered charter public high schools in Boston and New Bedford dedicated to improving urban education and getting all of its graduates into and through college. As one of the original fourteen charter public schools in the Commonwealth, City on a Hill schools have college-prep standards within a rigorous curriculum.
City on a Hill Charter Public Schools are high schools determined to teach each and every one of its students the academic skills he or she will need to succeed in college and beyond. Our school leaders, faculty, and students are committed and ready to dedicate the time, energy, and hard work to achieve the school’s mission. The school’s mission is predicated on the belief that not only can all students learn, but all students must learn in order to embrace their rights and responsibilities as American citizens and acquire the academic and cultural capital to improve their community.
It is the policy of City on a Hill Charter Public Schools to obtain all available Federal and State background information through both SAFIS (Statewide Applicant Fingerprint Identification Services) and CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information), as allowed by law, of all employees and prospective employees of the school.
City on a Hill provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, City on a Hill complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply through the following link: https://coah.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=303