2115 East Governors Circle
Special Events Manager
At Junior Achievement, we offer a fast-paced, flexible, entrepreneurial work environment in which people use their energy and talent to inspire the futures of young people.
POSITION CONCEPT: This position shares the responsibility of tasks and account management associated with special events to meet revenue goals. This includes 40+ Bowl-A-Thons, a gala, four golf tournaments, a 5K fundraising run, and a clay shoot. This is accomplished through ownership and ensuring each event is well-organized, within budget, and on pace to make fundraising goals for JA of Southeast Texas.
- Responsible for fundraising and increasing revenue for all special events.
- Work closely with members of the Special Events team to coordinate, organize and manage events to ensure they stay on schedule, within budget, and meet revenue objectives.
- Accountable for developing a qualified sales pipeline and documenting personal sales contacts and activities with each assigned account and/or event.
- Attend all special events including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Plan, execute, and emcee Bowl-A-Thons with professionalism and enthusiasm.
- Prepare materials needed for meetings with event committees and Bowl-A-Thon companies.
- Manage and maintain positive relationships with organization’s Board of Directors’ members and partners.
- Assist with development of marketing collateral, such as invitations, event programs, and fundraising support materials.
- Play a key role in assuring data integrity in constituent management database and assist in the management of invoicing for special events.
- Perform standard administrative responsibilities such as producing and sending large mailings, filing, database entry, etc.
- Responsible for soliciting and identifying prospects for in-kind donations for all events.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in special events and sales.
- Ability to speak clearly and confidently in a large public setting.
- Proven experience in meeting deadlines, exceeding goals, and contributing to success of fundraising initiatives.
- Must be energetic and willing to work hands-on in developing and executing a variety of fundraising activities ranging from the routine/day-to-day to the highly creative/visible.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities is essential. Good organizational skills. Proven ability to maintain confidential information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills emphasizing persuasive communication and ability to listen and translate concepts into language that connects with specific constituents.
- Possess a strong work ethic and be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends related to special events.
- Must be proficient and experienced in Microsoft Office.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle transportation required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
- Able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" relationship.
Email resume, cover letter, and salary requirement to email@example.com
Minimum Education Required