565 windsor drive
We are currently looking for a motivated professional to join our Spectrum Works team as a job coach. The ideal candidate will be flexible, accountable, and eager to learn. If you are looking for a rewarding career, possess excellent communication and time-management skills, and collaborate well with others, we want to hear from you. Join us and help young adults with autism live up to their potential for stable, successful, economically self-sufficient lives.
What sets Spectrum Works apart is that our offices are located within each of our partner company’s facility. The Job Coach will supervise and train students with autism on how to acquire the skills needed to perform specific job tasks, work routine, and personal activities that are critical to successful employment.
- Coach students in specified workplace skills to achieve identified goals
- Develop and implement techniques to model occupational skills, work habits, and behaviors
- Implement interest inventories and work-based competencies to identify student potential
- Develop, coordinate and implement strategies to work with the students
- Provide instructions to the students and ensure individuals are able to complete all the job tasks required
- Document and maintain attendance records, daily log notes, and evaluations
- Maintain professionalism in a manner that would model the workplace behaviors for the students
- Maintain cooperative relationships with Spectrum Works partner companies (employers) and support the onsite experience of the students
- Maintain relationships with school personnel
- Teach students job readiness skills including: resume writing, job searching, business communication, social skills, and workplace etiquette
- Conduct mock interviews with students and provide feedback
- Assist with the creation of job readiness and social skills courses
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and an understanding of youth development in an employment setting. You have energy, commitment, and the passion to help youths with autism reach their potential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Psychology, Sociology, Nonprofit Management or related fields required or currently attending university working towards a degree in one of these areas
- If degree is not in the above mentioned areas, then minimum one year of experience working with special needs population
- Available to work three days per week from 9:00 to 2:30, other shifts available
- Passion for Spectrum Works mission
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated to achieve, with the ability to solve problems and overcome obstacles
- High level of ethics, values, integrity and trust
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Required: Microsoft WORD and Excel
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please write Job Coach position in the Subject line of the email. Applicants without a cover letter will not be considered.