1615 Hudson Street
We are looking for one full-time, bilingual, Tenant-Landlord Case Manager to work out of our Redwood City office. The Tenant-Landlord Case Manager provides education, counseling, referrals and conciliation to tenants and landlords, and conducts Tenant-Landlord and alternative dispute resolution education and outreach to tenants, home-seekers, housing providers, and community stakeholders. This is a challenging, rewarding position that offers the opportunity for a career in Public Service and to make a difference in people’s lives and make our community a better place to live. Fluency in Spanish, Tagalog, Chinese or Tongan is required.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Develop sufficient expertise in California state law, local ordinances and in dispute resolution subject matter to be able to provide counseling to clients with housing problems.
· To be knowledgeable of local resources sufficient to provide information and referral of appropriate resources to those in need.
· Provide parties to a dispute with counseling, conciliation, mediation referral, or legal referral sufficient for resolving the dispute/problem.
· Maintain accurate and complete case management database records and information and referral records for all cases and calls. Maintains and monitors jurisdictional goals and statistics flowing out of the database
· Correctly follow procedures for follow-up activities, including program letters and emails sent to parties, with all necessary documents and attachments.
· Conduct community outreach and education on landlord/tenant issues to residents, non-profit agencies and other community organizations, and act as the agency liaison with government officials and other organizations for the purpose of both distributing the information and promoting the program. This includes, but is not limited to public presentations, brochure distributions, participating in collaborative groups and maintain community partnerships.
· Prepare and submit activity reports on a quarterly and annual basis to funding sources
· Work cooperatively with other case managers to achieve agency objectives, including attending staff meetings, and working on special team and individual projects to further the mission of the agency
· Perform other miscellaneous work as assigned, including answering phones, recording and compiling data, attending meetings and participating in training programs.
· Assist in other projects as needed.
Qualifications & Skills
· Candidate must have a demonstrated desire to work and interact with, as well as demonstrate respect for, diverse individuals and groups without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, familial status, or disability.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Law, Human Services, Dispute Resolution or related field
· Intake or phone counseling experience highly desirable.
· Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills.
· Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office software)
· Organized and able to maintain accurate records with attention to detail
· Highly motivated, and capable of working in a busy environment
· Capacity to work without close supervision, with an active case load and short timelines
· Willingness to occasionally participate in evening and weekend events is expected
· Knowledge of Tenant-Landlord law highly desirable, but not required.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in Spanish, Tagalog, Chinese or Tongan is required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and a cover letter by email to the email address provided , referring to “RWC TLL Case Manager 2018” in the subject line. No phone inquiries please.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only candidates that are referred for interviews will be contacted.
Project Sentinel is an equal opportunity employer, and actively encourages candidates from all races, national origins, ethnicities, genders, religions, ages, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply.