Details: $15 per hour for 10 hours per week
555 Amory Street #3R-3
Strong Women, Strong Girls (SWSG) is a multi-generational, girl-serving organization in Boston. Our mission is to empower girls to imagine a broader future for themselves through a curriculum grounded on female role models, delivered by college women mentors, who are themselves mentored by professional women. Our vision is that every girl and woman will realize her inner strengths to dream and do. SWSG Boston is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant to support the operations, development and program departments to further its mission.
Status: Non-exempt position, 10 hours per week.
Reports to: Volunteer & Operations Officer
1. Administrative Support
This position is responsible for providing general administrative support as needed, including but not limited to:
- Perform basic bookkeeping tasks including; bill payment, making deposits, invoicing, itemizing expenses and invoices, assisting with annual audit etc.
- Purchase office supplies and keep storage room stocked and organized
- Prepare for Board of Directors meetings by printing agendas, minutes, and other documents
- Maintain organizational files and documents
- Coordinate insurance coverage for staff and the organization
- Serve as first point of contact for the organization by responding to inquiries over the phone and through the website
- Manage repair and maintenance of office equipment, including computers, phones and printers
- Schedule meetings for SWSG Staff and stakeholders (Board of Directors, Committees, Donors, Volunteers, etc) as needed
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming mail/packages, faxes, and general SWSG Boston e-mail
2. Program Support
- Assist Program Team with quality assurance checks on data tracking
- Provide administrative support for event preparation
- Liaise with mentors and school staff as needed
3. Development & Communications
- Assist with donor communications and thank you letters
- Coordinate bulk mailings
- Support maintenance of Salesforce through regular data entry
- Assist with coordination of fundraising event logistics
- Support accounting firm by processing donor information
- Assist in outreach to potential corporate sponsors and donors
- Edit documents and communications as necessary
- Minimum two years related experience; nonprofit experience a plus.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and word processing.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic work environment.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work as a team member with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with a wide range of people.
- Solid written and oral communication skills and excellent phone manner.
- Ability to develop effective work plans, organize details, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot standard office equipment.
- Interest in and commitment to SWSG mission.
Minimum Education Required