Full Time Contract
Camps Lanowa and Wakonda, American Camp Association Accredited camps, are seeking Aquatics Staff for campers ages 7-13.
The Aquatics staff is housed with the camper population and are a part of daily camp life. They have close contact with their own cabin group of 5-6 campers along with at least one additional counselor, who is the primary care giver, but will be working with the entire camper population.
· Supervise the health and safety regulations for members of the cabin group.
· Assist with daily cabin activities, rest periods, meals, community service, overnights, etc.
· Design and implement lesson plans for the various swimming skills of our campers.
· Supervise all activities at the waterfront.
· Keep an on-going inventory of equipment and inform Aquatics Director of needs.
· Communicate with the Program Director any concerns regarding the program, staff or campers.
· Desire to work and live in the outdoors for two months during the summer from June 19-August 21, 2018.
· An understanding of and liking of children; knowledge of behavioral issues a plus.
· Ability to pass a background check, physical exam, up to date on all required immunizations, have or successfully complete necessary CPR/First Aid, and lifeguard training and acquire certification.
You will also need to provide:
· Three letters of reference
· A physical exam by a licensed Medical Doctor and be up to date with all required immunizations
· Additional special skills and certifications (First Aid, CPR, EMT, and other) are a plus.
Summer 2018 Camp Schedule
· Saturday, June 9th staff expected to arrive to camp
· Monday, June 18th General Staff Training begins at 12 Noon
Session 1: Thursday June 28, 2018 - Wednesday July 11, 2018
· Sunday, July 15th staff back from break by 12:00 PM
Session 2: Monday July 16, 2018 - Monday July 30, 2018
· Thursday, August 2nd staff back from break by 12:00 PM
Session 3: Friday August 3, 2018 - Friday August 17, 2018
· All staff departs by Monday August 21st by 3:00 PM
Click link to apply: http://bit.ly/HFHCampsJobs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
Minimum Education Required