2136 Crotona Parkway
Phipps Neighborhoods, provides children, youth and families in low-income neighborhoods the opportunities they need to thrive through comprehensive education and career programs, and access to community services.
Phipps Neighborhoods helps children, youth, and families in low-income communities rise above poverty. We work in South Bronx neighborhoods where we can address the greatest barriers to lasting success through education and career programs, and access to community resources.
We are dedicated to our neighborhoods for the long term, supporting individuals and families as they establish self-sufficiency. Our services create opportunities for people to thrive in every aspect of their lives.
We developed a Community Impact model to maximize our ability to provide communities with the resources needed to increase opportunities, strengthen neighborhoods and transcend poverty. This model is marked by four key characteristics: targeted program areas, an integrated approach, a continuous improvement strategy and a geographic focus
Phipps Neighborhoods works with clients to identify specific financial, housing, health or emotional needs, and to provide necessary support and referrals. Residential support services, and youth and adult education programs are provided by Phipps Neighborhoods. Phipps Neighborhoods also helps low-income families and individuals determine public assistance needs, which programs they qualify for, and how to apply for benefits such as SNAP, Medicaid, and Medicare.
Qualified candidates will have a high school diploma with two to three years experience but Associates and Bachelors degree preferred in: Human Services, Psychology, Sociology, or Social Work. Familiarity with social service settings, vocational issues, and welfare policies is preferred, as is experience-leading groups. Strong organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
The Case Manager will provide case management services to an assigned caseload of sixteen clients at a transitional housing program. The counselor will help clients address a range of needs to facilitate their move to permanent housing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist clients in establishing achievable goals.
- Provide individual counseling and case management.
- Work with clients around public assistance needs refer them to appropriate services.
- Provide life skills and vocational workshops.
- Assess the job readiness, track vocational referrals and provide follow-up.
- Present at case conferences.
- Maintain case records and complete and submit all required reports.
- Attend case conference, staff meetings, supervision, and agency wide staff meetings.
- Participate in agency committee’s and task.
- Prepare and provide client updates for DHS reports.
Medical, Dental, Eye Optical, and Professional Development
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter and resume to: NBrown@phippsny.org