Details: Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Intervine is a social enterprise that includes a paid transitional training program that prepares participants for careers in horticulture, green infrastructure, and solar panel installation. By providing paid work alongside job search support and career building training, the program allows people to gain experience and earn income while seeking a permanent job. The program includes hands on training, soft skills development, and industry recognized certifications.
The HOPE Program will be hiring a Crew Leader who will guide the day-to-day activities of Intervine employees, providing oversight and supervision for crews at our training facilities and in the field. The Crew Leader will report to the Intervine Superintendent, and will have responsibility for gathering and summarizing attendance and performance data for Intervine participants as well as providing program staff with feedback regarding participants that need additional engagement.
- Assist Superintendent in supervising employees during off-site on the job training activities
- Coordinate with clients, and external partners, ensure all documentation is in order including insurance certificates and contracts
- On-board and hire program participants, process employment documentation
- Track and process payroll
- Assist in delivery of program curriculum, aligning lessons with other components of training, and assisting with facilitation and classroom based instruction
- Operate van to deliver tools and materials to work sites
- Other duties as assigned
Background and Skills:
- 3+ years hands on construction or horticultural experience
- Ability to demonstrate and monitor safe and professional use of hand and small power tools
- Strong computer and administrative capacity
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Commitment to sustainable building practices
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to work with and motivate adults of diverse backgrounds and abilities.
- Very detail-oriented, well-organized and able to work on multiple activities simultaneously.
HOPE provides a full package of benefits including: healthcare and dental insurance; retirement plan; competitive vacation (plus 1/2 day Fridays during summer which is equal to 7.5 additional vacation days); personal and bonus days; and 12 paid holidays.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested Candidates: Email cover letter, indicating what position you are applying for, where you saw listing, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes unaccompanied by a cover letter will not be reviewed. No telephone calls, please.