606 North Washington Street
The National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association (NARFE), a non-profit membership association of over 200,000 current and retired federal employees, is dedicated to protecting and enhancing the earned pay, retirement and health care benefits of federal employees, retirees and their survivors and providing the information and guidance needed to understand and maximize complex federal benefits. NARFE is the go-to resource for the federal community, policy makers, the media and the press on issue related to legislation and federal benefits.
We are currently seeking a Grassroots Program Assistant to help in getting NARFE members to take action at the local level and become their own champions for their pay and benefits. As part of the job, you will:
- Assist with crafting action letters and letters to congress.
- Help to establish and maintain working relationships with NARFE field leadership as well as Congressional District Leaders and Senatorial Leaders.
- Prepare lobbyists for meetings on the Hill by collecting background information on members of Congress and NARFE interaction with them and their staff.
- Assist with writing for NARFE enewsletters and other publications.
- Serve as a point of contact for member inquiries.
You should have a bachelor’s degree and some internship experience with a congressional office or on a congressional campaign. You should also have:
- Strong communication skills.
- The ability to manage multiple projects at a time and adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Knowledge of the concepts and principals of the legislative and political process.
- Strong attention to detail.
Our office is conveniently located near Braddock Road metro in Old Town Alexandria. Our benefits package includes healthcare, 401(k), free parking, FSAs, paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Come join NARFE and help us protect the earned rights and benefits of our federal employees. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements by applying on the NARFE job board. NARFE is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.