The Student Conservation Association (SCA), a national force of youth conservation volunteers, has an exciting opportunity in our Human Resources Department. America’s #1 youth conservation service organization seeks a Receptionist and Administrative Assistant in our Arlington, Virginia office.
This is an administrative position for SCA's National Headquarters and regional offices. This position requires excellent customer service for both external and internal constituents as well as a proficiency in clerical and administrative skills. This position handles and directs all incoming calls, answers general constituent questions in a polite and informative manner, performs light office maintenance duties and is the administrative support for the Chief Counsel and CFO.
- Serve as primary telephone support for SCA.
- Answer, screen and appropriately route calls.
- Maintain SCA’s general voice-mail box; respond to voicemails or routing message to appropriate staff in a timely manner.
- Answer general SCA-related questions, provide general information regarding SCA its programs and departments.
- Greet and direct Arlington-office visitors and vendors to the appropriate staff member.
- Work with Human Relations team and Governance and Facilities Manager to orient and onboard new-hires as needed.
- Coordinate the distribution of DC mail and inter-office mailings, and maintain DC mailboxes/names organized and updated.
- Log and process checks that arrive at the Arlington office in accordance with Advancement department procedures.
- Manage and maintain kitchen cleanliness; ensure constant availability of fresh coffee and related condiments.
- Identify and initiate improvements to current processes to improve efficiency, effectiveness and cost savings.
- Provide assistance to the Governance and Facilities Manager as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the CFO and Chief Counsel on a daily basis.
- Maintain files and a filing system, and process receipts per SCA protocols for the two executives.
- Book travel and meetings, order food for meetings, assist with volume mailings as requested.
- Serve as primary back-up to the Executive Assistant.
- Support other members of the Executive team as requested.
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external constituents.
- Maintain a positive and professional tone and image which includes maintaining neatness and orderliness of the front office and kitchen.
- Contribute to a strong teamwork environment
- Understand and model SCA's Operating Values and Leadership Behaviors
- Understand and abide by policies and guidelines in SCA's Staff Handbook
- Other duties as assigned.
Health and Dental * Basic Life Insurance * Short Term Disability * Long Term Disability * Flexible Spending Account * 403(b) Savings Plan * Generous Paid Time Off * Community Service Leave * Casual Dress
For more information about SCA and to reply, visit us at https://www.thesca.org/about/current-openings
SCA is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity.
Student Conservation Association is a proud partner with AmeriCorps and encourages AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, or other national service alumni to apply for job opportunities with SCA.
Level of Language Proficiency
- High school diploma or equivalent customer service experience required; Associate's degree preferred.
- Excellent work ethic and self-starter disposition required.
- Polite and respectful telephone, communication and interpersonal skills required with ability to communicate effectively with various audiences (parents, students, government agencies, board members, staff).
- Experience with MS Office Suite, setting up and maintaining organized electronic and paper filing systems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Emotional maturity.
- Flexibility and constant professional demeanor required.
- Manage competing demands and deal with frequent change and unexpected events in a positive and professional manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion required.
Minimum Education Required