34 Philbrick Road
Maimonides School, an Orthodox Jewish day school in Brookline, Massachusetts, is seeking an experienced school nurse who will serve in a pivotal role that bridges health care and education. This position will report to the Director of Health Services.
School nursing is a specialized practice of professional nursing that is accountable for the well-being, academic success, and life-long achievement of students. To that end, school nurses facilitate positive student responses to normal development; promote health and safety; intervene with actual and potential health problems; provide case management services; and actively collaborate with others to build student and family capacity for adaption, self-management, self-advocacy and learning.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Provide direct nursing care to students and staff; assessment, planning, intervention, evaluation, management and referral as indicated. Provide medically prescribed interventions, which includes medications administration and nursing procedures.
· Implement and record required screening programs; notify parents when further medical evaluation is indicated.
· Prepare and maintain student health records, including current immunizations as mandated by state regulations. Create Individual Health Care Plans for students with health care concerns.
· Administer daily and PRN (as needed) medications and nursing care procedures prescribed by the student's physician.
· Collaborate with staff in development of IEP’s as indicated.
· Initiate emergency procedures for students and staff as needed.
· Utilize written and EHR (Electronic Health Record) to document student health history and ongoing health issues and nursing interventions.
· Must have a valid license to practice as a registered nurse in the state of Massachusetts (M.G.L. c. 71, s. 53).
· Hold a minimum of a baccalaureate degree in nursing from a college or university program in nursing accredited by the National League for Nursing.
· Maintain certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation from a recognized provider (i.e. American Red Cross, American Heart) and certification in First Aid.
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in nursing, preferably in pediatrics or public health.
· Demonstrated experience supporting students with complex healthcare and/or psychological needs.
· DESI certification.
· Master’s Degree in Nursing.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your résumé to Betty Gladstein, Director of Health Services, at email@example.com