Details: Competitive salary scales are set by collective bargaining agreement; actual salary step depends on experience.
215 Columbia St
Summary: The New Media Outreach Specialist will help the Growth Department of SEIU 775 organize new members and build power for low wage workers by developing and executing innovative and impactful digital organizing campaigns. This position will drive the union’s efforts to reach non-union long term care workers online and will work closely with field, public affairs, and communications teams to incorporate digital strategies into our organizing and policy campaigns.
Job Description: Principal duties and responsibilities include:
· Develop and execute innovative, high impact, digital organizing and outreach campaigns to increase build public support and meet organizing goals
· Collaborate with field organizing, communications, and public affairs teams on integrating digital organizing strategies into their campaigns
· Keep up to date with best practices share with relevant internal stakeholders
· Regularly plan, produce, design, and manage clear, compelling, and shareable content for digital channels including sms, social media, email, and video
· Closely track engagement and performance analytics to understand what messages and tactics are working, and how they can be improved
· Produce traditional campaign materials as needed, such as fliers or mailings
· A commitment to building a 21st-Century workers movement, to risk-taking, and to the mission, vision, and values of SEIU
· At least two years’ experience in digital organizing, digital marketing, or online advocacy, including extensive use of social media, email, and sms
· Excellent cross channel writing skills
· Demonstrated ability to plan, create, and manage written, photo, and video content
· Familiarity with email marketing platforms (pardot a plus!) and CRM platforms (salesforce a plus!)
· A record of using analytics to inform digital organizing tactics, experience with Facebook, twitter, and google analytics a plus
· An interest in union organizing and the role of digital organizing at the intersection of online and offline engagement
· Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds/cultures
· Ability to work independently as well as on a team
· Willingness to work long, irregular hours, including evenings and weekends
· Willingness and ability to travel, including frequent travel throughout WA and other locations, including overnight travel and assignments. Travel may be for days, weeks, or months at a time
· Strong personal planning, motivation, and time management skills
· The ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment are considered key components to achieving performance standards
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
SEIU 775 is an affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, creed, gender, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, the presence of sensory, mental or physical disability, or any other discrimination prohibited by law. SEIU 775 works to ensure fair treatment of applicants and employees and actively enforces policies against discrimination and sexual harassment.
SEIU 775 staff enjoy top notch benefits including comprehensive health benefits, major medical, dental and vision for employee and eligible dependents, domestic partner benefits, cell phone allowance, ORCA Transit card, generous holiday and vacation policies, and both a defined benefit pension plan and a 401(K) Plan.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bi-lingual and multi-lingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required