Neighborcare Health is hiring a Licensed School-Based Mental Health Therapist
**Eligible candidates for this position will hold an active LICSW, LMFT, LMHC or Clinical Psychologist license **
Provide mental health services within the school-based health center Mental Health Scope of Services. Focus on the full spectrum of care, from promoting healthy development and preventing problems, to long-term intervention and support for students unable to obtain adequate mental health care from other organizations or in a non-school context. Position emphasis is on asset- and strengths-building; symptom reduction; increasing, stabilizing, and maintaining functioning; and on individual, family, and group modalities.
This position is available at Mercer Middle School, Vashon High School and West Seattle Elementary School.
- Provide high quality, strengths-based services to clients in alignment with the Scope of Services and productivity expectations.
- Assist students, parents and school personnel in efforts to remove psychosocial and mental/emotional health obstacles to students’ healthy functioning and academic performance.
- Provide individual, family, and group therapy; case management; classroom presentations; and psycho-educational services in accordance with the needs of the specific school population and as specified by applicable funding contract(s).
- Participate in school-wide interventions as appropriate.
- Assess mental health needs and develop individualized treatment goals for each caseload client.
- Review and revise treatment goals as clinically appropriate, and at least as frequently as required by applicable funding contract(s).
- Exchange information within legal and ethical guidelines, with the goal of providing the best individual and team care.
- Participate actively in multidisciplinary team care provision, including but not limited to: sharing of information, and coordinating and integrating client care with other providers within and outside of Neighborcare Health.
- Work with school staff, Neighborcare Health staff, and community providers to maximize students’ access to health services, within Neighborcare Health and/or with other organizations.
- Complete required documentation in a timely manner, and in accordance with requirements specified by the State of Washington, Neighborcare Health, and funders.
- Report all known and suspected abuse or neglect per Washington State Law.
- Uphold Neighborcare Health service commitments: (a warm welcome; respect; caring; working together and trusting relationship) with internal and external customers