Development Assistant & Alumni Coordinator
- Job posted by Solomon Schechter Day School of Bergen County, ssds
Solomon Schechter Day School of Bergen County is looking for a self-starter interested in fundraising and events with a capability to learn quickly and multi-task. In this position, you will work in a fast-paced development office and be charged with supporting the department’s infrastructure, helping to plan and execute events, and implementing your creativity, resourcefulness, and communication skills.
· Maintain the Raiser’s Edge database, including data entry, processing gifts, running reports, and data analysis.
· Prepare timely acknowledgement letters and tribute cards.
· Liaise with the Business Office to ensure that accurate records are maintained.
· Oversee the production of all mailings, including exporting mailing lists and communicating with printers.
· Prepare mass emails using Constant Contact.
· Assist in the coordination of a variety of small- and large-scale development events, including managing registration, set-up, volunteer committees, and logistics.
· Coordinate alumni events and promote alumni fundraising.
· Oversee the production of the alumni newsletter, including writing articles, collecting material, and interfacing with vendors.
· Manage and develop content for the alumni Facebook page.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Self-starter, with ability to problem-solve and multi-task
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Experience working as part of a collaborative team
· Experience in Constant Contact, a plus
· Knack for design (Adobe Creative Suite), a plus
About Solomon Schechter Day School of Bergen County (SSDS)
Located nine miles from the George Washington Bridge, SSDS is a nationally accredited, premier Jewish day school (three-year-olds through eighth grade) that cultivates independent thinkers and the next generation of global leaders through an inquiry-based educational approach. Now in our 45th year, SSDS successfully integrates a rigorous dual curriculum with Jewish values-based moral development, and provides a warm, nurturing environment guided by award-winning educators.
To be discussed
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to Michelle Weinraub, Director of Institutional Advancement, firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Development Assistant” in the subject of your email.