Details: $18-$23 hourly
Social Justice Fund Northwest
1904 3rd Ave, Suite 806
Social Justice Fund NW is a member-funded foundation that supports the creation of a just society through fundraising, grantmaking, and member involvement. For 40 years, the foundation has provided essential resources to organizations in Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, and Wyoming to strengthen grassroots efforts in the broad movement for progressive, systemic social change.
WORKING AT SJF
If you’ve been feeling overwhelmed by bad news these days, this job would bring you a steady stream of good news and inspiration. You’d be supporting passionate staff and volunteers from a wide range of backgrounds as they put their values into action. At the same time, you’d be learning about and supporting some of the most amazing grassroots organizing in our region, as you will have the opportunity to use your skills to support the critical work of resourcing community organizing and the broad social justice movement.
- You’d work with an amazing team of smart, dedicated, and fun individuals.
- We strive to live our organizational values of anti-racism, democracy, and transparency.
- Our organizational culture is collaborative, relational, and flexible, and we are always learning and improving upon our work.
- Competitive benefits package (see below for more info)
- Family-friendly workplace (including flexible work arrangements and schedules, within reason)
- Support for professional development
This position is great for someone who loves to see their details fitting into a bigger picture, who likes playing a support role, who can’t help but notice and then solve problems, and who isn’t afraid to ask for help but can also think critically on their own and adapt to new situations quickly. If that sounds like you, then you’ve got a chance to join an incredible team of mission-focused people who work hard and have a lot of fun doing it.
Employment Type: Full-time hourly, non-exempt
Compensation: $18-$23 hourly, DOE, plus full benefits, including 100% employer paid health and dental insurance (30% for each partner and/or dependent), vacation, sick leave, retirement plan, and transit pass
Reports to: Operations Director
Location: Seattle, WA
Application Deadline: November 6, 2018
Ideal start date: As soon as possible after the hiring process
Required qualities & qualifications:
- Keen eye for detail
- Excellent ability to organize yourself with good time management
- Experience working with a cross-departmental team on both short-term and long-term bases
- Critical thinking and ability to adapt to new situations
- Administrative experience in a non-profit setting
- Proficiency with technology and software such as general computer set up, Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Dropbox, etc.
- Commitment to social justice issues
Helpful but not required:
- Familiarity with fundraising infrastructure (both grants and individual donations)
- Experience with Social Justice Fund members and/or grantees
- Experience providing technological support and troubleshooting
- Fluency in a language other than English
Duties and responsibilities will include:
1. Office Management & Operations (70%)
- Handle general email and phone inquiries from the public
- Maintain office equipment and supplies
- Ensure a neat and orderly office environment
- Manage organizational vendors and accounts
- Maintain office filing and storage systems
- Out-of-office errands as needed (post office, printers, supplies, etc.)
- General office support
2. Staff Support (20%)
- Coordinate staff meeting and retreat logistics
- Support staff in using office equipment and software
- Other support as needed
3. Other tasks or projects as identified by the Operations Director (10%)
Social Justice Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, LGBTQ individuals, and women are strongly encouraged to apply. We actively recruit, and support the retention and advancement of, persons of diverse backgrounds within the organization. We believe that having a board, staff, and membership with diverse identities and backgrounds enhances our ability to meet our mission and creates a vibrant environment where individuals can learn, grow and thrive. To that end, we are committed to fostering a workplace culture where all employees are equally included, valued, and supported.
Includes 100% employer paid health, vision, and dental insurance (30% employer paid for each partner and/or dependent), paid vacation, sick leave, retirement plan after 1 year, and transit pass
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Nov 6, 2018. In your cover letter, please be sure to explain why you would like to work at Social Justice Fund NW and why in this specific position. You can also direct questions to the same email. All applications will be reviewed after November 6, and we hope to schedule first interviews for mid-November.