Bilingual Spanish/English-Home Care Coordinator (Floater)
- Job posted by Sunnyside Community Services, Inc.
43-31 39th Street
SUMMARY: Assistant Home Care Coordinator collaborates with the agency’s Home Care Coordinator and is responsible for the coordination and monitoring of all service delivery and supervision of the agency’s paraprofessional services. It is the responsibility of the Assistant Home Care Coordinator to ensure that all home care workers assigned, meets the agency’s contractual requirements. The Assistant Coordinator responsibility for the agency’s data entry and clerical functions in the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates and assigns Home Care Workers to patients, ensuring that required level and amount of services provided as prescribed by the contractor and patient’s plan of care.
- Provides support and assistance to the Home Care Workers ensuring that they understand their role and follow the directives of the RN supervisor.
- Communicates promptly all contracting agency’s issues and problems in accordance with contractual guidelines.
- Maintains daily changes into scheduling system. Reconciles discrepancies promptly with appropriate personnel.
- Assist with Home care worker’s administrative evaluation.
- Participates in employee’s disciplinary action plan.
- Assists Compliance Department with in-service information to field workers.
- Participates in Quality Assurance activities.
- Have on-call responsibilities as needed.
- Assists with payroll procedures, duty sheet research.
- Provides information to field workers on changes with agency’s policies, procedure, and contractual guidelines.
- Covers additional caseloads in absence of co-workers, when needed.
- Input duty sheets/time sheets for payroll.
- Assists in contacting workers to follow up with medical and compliance requirements.
- Participates in in-service trainings as needed
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Bending, sitting, stooping and standing.
Office Environment. Possible field visits with potential exposure to client illnesses. Evening, weekend, and holiday work required as needed.
- High School Graduate or equivalent, AA degree or experience in home care or human services preferred
- Must be organized, through and detail-oriented, with ability to work well with people in a fast-paced environment
- Must be fluent in Spanish
- Good verbal, written skills and keyboard skills, computer knowledge a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply
Please forward resume and cover letter to Mariana Nieto, firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure a prompt review, please put “Bilingual Home Care Coordinator (Floater)” in your email header. EOE