305 34th Street
The Global Switchboard seeks a full-time Director of Operations who will work as a thought partner with the Executive Director, forming the senior leadership team of the organization. In addition to having a strong administrative and nonprofit management background, the ideal candidate needs to be passionate about how people in Pittsburgh and the surrounding region engage the world, and the resulting implications on human rights, human dignity, mutual understanding, and peace. The candidate should have a growth mindset, an interest in network leadership, an ability to adjust to the demands of an evolving organization, and a commitment to teamwork suitable for a participatory organizational culture.
The Global Switchboard is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that fosters effective global engagement and inclusive dialogue in Pittsburgh. Through our co-working space, we bridge gaps in Pittsburgh’s global engagement community by bringing people together, activating dialogue, and encouraging collaboration. In addition to our space we operate a digital hub, to house the people, projects, and organizations in our network. The hub is the online extension of our real-world community. We offer a forum for diverse perspectives from around the world, from across town, and down the street. We support activities and programs that further engagement with the world, offer a welcoming environment for newcomers, and uphold basic human rights.
- Assist the Executive Director in overseeing the financial operations of the organization. This responsibility includes assistance with budgeting, grant writing, daily financial governance, and bookkeeping.
- Manage all operational details for The Global Switchboard Space to ensure an optimal co-working experience for resident members while maximizing revenue for the organization. This responsibility includes promotion/advertising of the Space, orientation for new resident members, space rental, and overseeing all service contracts and building maintenance.
- Manage all operational details for The Global Switchboard Hub to ensure that it serves as an optimal resource for the global engagement community, while maximizing revenue for the organization. This responsibility includes promotion/advertising of the Hub, and overseeing all service contracts and technical maintenance.
- Manage all operational details for The Global Switchboard Network to ensure that optimal collaboration and collective action among members. This responsibility includes helping to manage all the organizational details related to network activation.
- Nonprofit management experience.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Familiarity with various approaches to effective global engagement.
- Demonstrable financial management skills and proven grant writing experience.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work occasional weekends/evenings.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Electronic submissions only please. Cover letters should indicate the position to which the writer is applying, experience, and training relevant to the position in question, evidence of personal drive, ability to work independently and in teams, and excellence as a self-starter. For questions and further details, please contact email@example.com.