Details: Commensurate with experience and competitive.
633 Third Avenue
Senior Development Officer, Onward Israel
Location: New York, NY Reports to CEO
Onward Israel is one of the fastest growing programmatic initiatives in the Jewish world; designed to enable students and young adults to develop their professional and career paths through summer internships in Israel. It was founded in 2012 by a visionary group of start-up philanthropists and was initially part of the Jewish Agency. Now an independent organization, it seeks to expand its reach and potential through the hiring of a senior development officer. For more information, please see www.onwardisrael.org.
· Work with CEO, board members, senior staff, development counsel, and current principal funders to broaden the number and scope of major individual and institutional grants.
· Seek to build strategic funding resources necessary to expand and enhance program offerings and increase the number of participants dramatically over the next five years.
Qualities we are seeking:
· Commitment to the mission and goals of Onward Israel.
· High energy and initiative, strong collaborative skills, confidence and creativity in building relationships to support the advancement of Onward Israel’s mission.
· An ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
· Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spiritAbsolute confidentiality, professionalism, and discretion required.
· Significant experience with fundraising for young adult engagement programs and/or Israel-related educational causes very helpful.
General duties and responsibilities:
· Serve as the lead North American professional in the generation, management and implementation of Onward Israel’s development strategies. Directly report to the CEO.
· Develop a portfolio of prospective funders with the capacity to contribute six- and seven- figure contributions and help to move them through the complete cycle of identification, research, engagement, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
· Work pro-actively with the CEO and Board to advance Onward Israel’s fundraising agenda.
Qualifications - skills and experience:
· Bachelor’s degree.
· At least six years’ fundraising experience, including soliciting and closing leadership gifts.
· Strong oral and written communication skills, and experience in working with donor database software.
· Frequent travel will be necessary to fulfill the obligations of this position.
· Ability to work remotely
Compensation and benefits: Commensurate with experience and competitive.
Onward Israel is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org We will evaluate applications as they are received, interview candidates as appropriate, and hope to fill the position by October 1,2018.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com We will evaluate applications as they are received, interview candidates as appropriate, and hope to fill the position by October 1,2018.