900 2nd Street NE
Center City Public Charter School's PreK-8th grade neighborhood-based schools provide a high quality, well-rounded public education. Our mission is to empower our students for lifelong success by building strong character, promoting academic excellence, and generating public service throughout Washington D.C.
As a Center City PCS Math teacher, you will do the following:
Create a classroom culture that represents Center City’s high expectations for every scholar and its core values. Teachers are expected to provide specific and timely feedback to scholars, display recent high-quality student work, and maintain a classroom that is designed and organized for optimal student learning.
Plan and deliver daily effective differentiated instruction, based on Center City PCS’ rigorous academic standards, student assessment data, and Center City PCS curriculum frameworks.
- Design and implement daily lessons that engage all learners, fit in with a long-term learning plan, follow the Center City PCS lesson plan format, and are aligned with Center City PCS academic standards.
- Develop and revise clear criteria and standards for quality work and examine student work regularly to ensure that it meets increasingly higher standards of quality.
- Conduct and organize on-going assessments of student performance using multiple assessment tools including standardized tests, performance assessments, anecdotal records, portfolios and individualized assessments as appropriate.
Engage parents and families in their child’s academic success, by fostering an ongoing relationship and keeping parents abreast of classroom activities, academic units, and other announcements. Regularly collect and organize samples of students’ work from varied subjects to share with families.
Participate actively in Center City’s learning community:
- Participate in Center City PCS professional development workshops, including the Summer Professional Development Institute and three hours every Wednesday during the school year.
- Receive ongoing informal feedback and implement changes based on that feedback.
- Participate in weekly grade-level planning sessions that involve instructional planning, discussion of student work, and curriculum development.
Maintain high professional standards that contribute to school productivity:
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and grades.
- Follow school-wide procedures for attire, behavior, and punctuality. Teacher hours are 8:00AM - 4:30PM.
- Attend and participate in occasional school events outside of regular school hours.
- Able to lift up to 10 pounds.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Has a Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, engineering or an applicable subject area
- Has a minimum of one year of urban teaching experience
- Secondary teachers must also have an undergraduate or graduate major in their field of instruction OR have passed the required Praxis II exam for their discipline
Center City PCS offers a competitive salary and benefits package including the following benefits to all full-time employees.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance premiums subsidized by employer
- 401k Retirement Plan with 5% employer match
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Minimum Education Required