Conquer Cancer®, the ASCO Foundation is in search of a highly-motivated and experienced Development Services Manager to join our growing team and help accelerate breakthroughs in lifesaving research and empower people everywhere to conquer cancer.
If you enjoy relationship building, supporting programs and initiatives, and ensuring stewardship of leadership prospects and donors, then we want to hear from you!
This position is located in Alexandria, VA but incumbent will have a hybrid schedule.
What you will do:
· Monitor donor cultivation and stewardship activities for senior leadership and Board members to ensure progress and timely follow-through.
· Generate reports as needed by senior leadership and Board members for donor cultivation purposes, appeals, and events.
· Work with senior leadership to create year-round engagement to retain and cultivate current donors and to attract new donors.
· Implement appropriate metrics that evaluate and gauge effectiveness and impact to allow continuous improvement in the systems that support the Donor Acknowledgment Program.
· Manage Vendors, including those for the Donor Acknowledgement program and Prospect Research.
· Identify potential major gift prospects.
· Provide background research and materials for Senior leadership portfolios.
· Stay current with and implement fundraising and stewardship best practices.
· Oversee Annual Meeting planning efforts as related to donor relations including staffing, signage, catering, etc. for the Donor Lounge.
· Manage, track and report on Board member giving and stewardship activity as applicable to the “Give or Get” Board member expectation.
· Oversee stewardship activities for special and named fund donors, including generating and disseminating impact reports and extending recognition benefits.
· Supervise, mentor, and coach direct report(s).
What you will need in order to be successful:
· Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
· 6+ years of experience of donor relations, fundraising experience, engagement and /or non-profit development
· 3+ years supervisory experience
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite, database software and Internet research
· Experience working with donor database or CRM systems
Ideal candidates will also contribute:
· Cultivated leadership skills, including listening, analysis, conflict management, discretion and self-awareness
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work both independently and as part of a team
· Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, including the ability to conduct research and analyses of multiple factors
· Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and persuasive skills
· Ability to use good judgment, to make sound decisions and to behave with tact, decorum and diplomacy
· Ability to clearly communicate and convey information in different ways to ensure that it’s understood
At ASCO and Conquer Cancer, the ASCO Foundation our goal is to foster and encourage a diversity of thought, experience, and background in our workplace. Our organizations’ culture is multi-dimensional, and we encourage our employees to leverage their unique perspectives and ideas. ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Conquer Cancer®, the ASCO Foundation is in search of a highly-motivated and experienced Development Services Manager to join our growing team and help accelerate breakthroughs in lifesaving research and empower people everywhere to…