977 Centerville Turnpike
Disaster Relief – Virginia Beach, VA
Operation Blessing International (OBI) is a humanitarian organization dedicated to demonstrating God’s love by alleviating human need and suffering in the United States and around the world.
OBI is offering a Senior Director of U.S. Disaster Relief the opportunity to direct and grow OBI’s disaster relief strategies, operations, and volunteer programs for greater readiness and mission reach across the U.S.
This key position will enhance our U.S. emergency disaster relief infrastructure, planning, and capacity in order to rapidly mobilize and cycle multiple deployment efforts of staff, volunteers, equipment and supplies. For increased results, this job will also oversee strategies to grow our national reserve staff & volunteer program as well as maintain associations with related NGOs, agencies, corporate partnerships, and community/ministry networks.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
· Strong track-record in leading and directing high-impact U.S. disaster relief operations for non-profit humanitarian or related organizations
· Proven ability to implement disaster relief strategies, build results-oriented teams, and develop industry best-practices and protocols
· Strong familiarity with navigating disaster relief government regulations and interfacing with related federal, state and local agencies
· Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate OBI’s mission and U.S. impact
· Critical thinker with strong logistical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
· High-level project management and staff development skills
· Computer proficiency with the ability to stay abreast of new technology
· Strong networking skills with the ability to establish effective rapport with all levels of management, staff, and outside public
· Excellent ability to plan, manage, and monitor budgets
· Self-motivated with the ability to work well under pressure and adapt to frequent change
· Available to travel domestically and on short notice
· Able to make business related purchases for OBI, as needed
· Current driver’s license and excellent driving record
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
A Charity you can trust!
Operation Blessing International provides strategic relief in 39 countries on an ongoing basis through core programs such as disaster relief, health and medical care, hunger relief, vulnerable children and orphan care, safe water, and community development.
Headquartered in beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia, OBI not only offers you a competitive salary, relocation assistance, and full benefits, it offers you an opportunity to make a nation-wide impact! This job will bless you spiritually as well as professionally, rewarding your commitment to perform with integrity and excellence.
If you desire to make a difference in the lives of others and share our vision and purpose, we would like to hear from you! Visit our web site at www.ob.org to submit an online application. Resumes without applications will not be given full consideration.