20 West 36th Street
I. THE HELPMESEE MISSION
HelpMeSee was founded in 2010 with the goal of eliminating the backlog of blindness caused by cataracts for every blind child and adult in the world, regardless of where they live or how underserved they may be. Our goal is to deliver very low-cost, high-quality Manual Small Incision Cataract Surgery (MSICS) to millions of adults and children in the developing world who have cataracts – giving them back not only their sight but also their independence.
HelpMeSee is pursuing our ambitious goal of eliminating cataract blindness worldwide by training tens of thousands of MSICS specialists in developing countries through the use of a high-fidelity simulator and sophisticated courseware, as well as collaborating with existing MSICS specialists who already perform this procedure in their communities. With our technology-based patient facing programs and local surgical partners, HelpMeSee is committed to saving the sight of millions.
II. JOB SUMMARY
General Job Responsibilities:
- Develop creative design concepts for print and digital mediums to advance HelpMeSee’s Development and Marketing efforts.
- Design and update print collateral, brochures, one-pagers, letters, and cards.
- Design and update web, social media, email, video, and presentation graphics.
- Reformat print graphics for digital.
- Provide technical specifications for print requests. Obtain price quotes and purchase requests. Manage invoices from vendors.
- Manage the graphics creation process from beginning to end, prioritizing projects based on importance. Ensure that designed materials are on time and within budget. Develop new procedures to manage creative projects as needed.
- Maintain company brand standards across all creative assets for a consistent look and feel.
- Define new brand standards as needed.
- Actively work to guarantee quality throughout the development process.
- Maintain neat and orderly file libraries.
- Work with outside agencies or other creatives as needed.
- 3-5 years of experience working as an in-house graphic designer or as a member of graphics design department.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: primarily Illustrator and InDesign.
- Strong command of all Office applications
- Possess a solid understanding of graphics standards for print, email, social media, and the web.
- Understand the role of the creative brief.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of social media platforms and the latest digital marketing trends.
- Be an organized self-starter, extremely attentive to detail, and be able to adhere to tight deadlines.
- Work well independently and as a highly integrated team member.
- Be an innovative designer, fast learner, and collaborative team player.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have experience in creating work for varying audiences. Medical is a plus.
- Have experience in interactive design. A general understanding of HTML and content management systems is a plus.
- Interest in international relations and public health is a plus.
Start date: Immediately
Experience: Intermediate - Advance in Illustrator and Design preferably in healthcare.
Education requirements: Bachelor of Arts Degree
Job function: Global Nonprofit Organization / Global Health
Location: New York
*Candidates should be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
HelpMeSee, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status or any other status protected by law. HelpMeSee, Inc. will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please follow this link to the employment application: http://helpmesee.org/Careers#
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the email subject heading as
follows: “HelpMeSee Graphic Designer.” Please include minimum salary expectations.