ABOUT US: The Black Institute is an “action tank” – a think tank that takes action, to promote civil rights, racial and social justice. The mission of The Black Institute is to shape intellectual discourse and dialogue and impact public policy uniquely from a Black perspective (a perspective which includes all people of color in the United States and throughout the Diaspora). In support of the mission, The Black Institute is seeking a bold and dedicated Director of Development to strengthen and expand TBI issue areas in Education, Economic Fairness, Immigration, and Environment.
The Communications Associate, you will help implement a communications strategy to increase the reach and impact of the Black Institute. He/she will oversee communications for digital marketing and content, website and events. The Communications Associate is responsible for assisting in all marketing, media relations, publications, advertising, analytics, and digital marketing, including email, social media, and website.
· Interest in racial justice and social equity
· Excellent computer skills, including high proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as Google Suite and teamwork skills, as well as the ability to work independently.
· Experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred. (Specifically, InDesign and Photoshop.).
· 2-3 years of communication experience.
· Non-profit experience preferred
· Ability to work some evenings and weekends, as required.
· Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, .) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
· Proven track record of developing and implementing successful communications strategies and digital media campaigns for comparable organizations.
ABOUT US: The Black Institute is an “action tank” – a think tank that takes action, to promote civil rights, racial and social justice. The mission of The Black Institute is to shape intellectual discourse and dialogue and impact public policy…