The Perinatal Services Manager is accountable directly to the Associate Director of Maternal and Child Services. The position is responsible for the supervision of the Group Education Specialists, Reproductive Care Coordination Specialists, Perinatal Transportation Specialist, and Perinatal Care Coordination Specialists. This is a full-time position.
Highlighted Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that prenatal patients are adequately assessed using required tools and given appropriate support and interventions to reduce low weight births, preterm delivery, and late entry to prenatal care.
- Ensures that prenatal patients are given evidence based interventions and education to positively influence behaviors that impact birth outcomes, such as, smoking cessation, substance use cessation, early entry care, consistent attendance of appointments and specialty referrals.
- Identifies gaps in services to address social determinants of health based on outcomes and patient feedback. Assists in developing plans, community resources and other partnerships to meet identified needs. Shares resources on external social service agencies to meet needs of patients for housing, legal, domestic violence, substance abuse, etc.
- Reviews reproductive health education and care planning documents and templates on a quarterly basis to ensure that these services are in compliance with Quality Family Planning guidelines.
- Participates actively in Quality Management efforts, including suggesting PDSA projects to improve processes, communication, and outcomes.
- Ensures that Centering Pregnancy groups comply with accreditation requirements, including training for staff. Ensures that an adequate number of groups are offered to meet demand and at times preferred by patients. Reviews patient satisfaction surveys after each cohort.
- Establishes data collection standards and reviews data collection efforts by staff regularly to ensure accuracy and maintenance of effort. Contributes data monthly to the Child and Maternal health data dashboard.
- Ensures that data for Centering Pregnancy groups is collected and entered into the Centering Counts Database on a bimonthly basis and reviews entered data quarterly to assure accreditation targets are met,
- Works with staff to ensure that patient handouts – particularly Centering Pregnancy curriculum, breastfeeding educational materials, and reproductive health educational materials - meet clinical standards in consultation with the Director of Midwifery and/or Medical Directors and are culturally appropriate.
- Ensures that all staff are working in compliance with HIPAA guidelines and protocols.
- Meets with supervisees regularly and provides ongoing feedback and support, including opportunities for professional development.
- Partners with the Talent Management team regarding personnel matters including but not limited to performance management, terminations, leaves of absence, recruiting, training, and onboarding.
- Bachelors level Public Health, Education or Child Development, and Social Work degree. Social degree strongly preferred
- If applicant has a BSW/MSW degree, LSWA/LGSW or appropriate social work license obtained within 90 days of hire required
- Experience providing social services, care coordination or health care education required.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve required.
- Ability to manage grant outcomes and deliverables.
- Experience in community health center setting preferred.
- Relevant supervisory background preferred, minimum two years.
- Ability to travel between sites required
- Ability to respond to urgent staff or patient needs during off hours required