Early Childhood Education Teacher (Part Time)
- Job posted by Integrated Refugee & Immigrant Services (IRIS)
Details: Between $15 and $18 per hour.
235 Nicoll Street, 2nd Floor
IRIS-Integrated Refugee & Immigrant Services in New Haven, CT is currently seeking an Early Childhood Education Teacher (ECET) to work in our Family Literacy Program. The program requires someone with a passion for early education and experience working with dual language learners. The ECET will be responsible for making lesson plans and leading the classroom with the help of a team of interns and volunteers. Can you help build and coordinate a team of interns and volunteers? Are you interested in contributing to curriculum? Do you like sitting on the floor building towers of blocks or using colored bears as counting manipulatives? Can you communicate with simplified language and lots of animated expressions and gestures? If so, we want you to apply! Be prepared to light up as a child you’ve been working with for a few weeks suddenly starts interacting using English!
- Coordinate and lead volunteers to follow the daily schedule to promote learning with a group of infants & toddlers and a class of ELL preschool students.
- Create the best possible English language-rich learning environment for the students in the classroom
- Plan curriculum and daily center-based lessons.
- Meet and communicate with the program manager regularly to review lesson plans and daily projects and address challenges.
- Collaborate with ESOL program staff and volunteers to facilitate weekly interactive literacy activities with the children and their mothers and parent education classes.
- Assist in the planning and supervision of regular indoor/outdoor recreational activities both on and off site to promote exercise, healthy living habits, and language development.
Requirements: Associates degree or higher in ECE or education preferred; experience in a Pre-K, nursery, or daycare setting; experience working with volunteers preferred.
1 year of Early Ed (preferred)
Experience working with English Language Learners/ Dual Language/Learning Children/ TESOL/ ESL (preferred)
IRIS is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer.
This part time position which accrues vacation and sick time, but does not offer health insurance. Hours are 9-1, Monday-Friday (which encompasses the class time of 9:30 - 12).
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applicants should email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email should be titled 'ECET - First Name Last Name'.
Please see our other volunteer and intern positions as well at http://www.irisct.org/volunteer/.