3211 4th Street Northeast
District of Columbia
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director, Marketing, the Marketing and Sales Specialist identifies, develops, markets and closes sales opportunities with new and existing customers to support the strategic objectives of the Department of CommunicationsContributes to the Bishops’ strategic plan for the Conference. Demonstrates willingness and ability to understand, respect and contribute to the USCCB mission and to fulfill job duties in accordance with its Catholic identity.
Educational Level: Bachelor’s degree
Major Field/Specialty: Business, Marketing, Communications or related field
Foreign Language Requirement: (if any) None, but Spanish helpful
Other Specialized Training: (i.e. word processing, personal computer, knowledge of Catholic Church, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of Catholic Church
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Skilled in using sales and marketing digital platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
Type and Nature of Professional Experience:
- Successful previous experience as a sales representative and marketing, consistently meeting or exceeding sales targets/goals
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Strong business acumen and marketing expertise.
- Knowledge of news wire service a plus
- Prior association and/or non-profit experience preferred
- Experience developing and maintaining business relationships with new and existing customers
- Demonstrated capacity to craft clear, compelling marketing messages
- Strong collaboration and team skill
- Ability to meet deadlines while working on multiple projects simultaneously
Number of Years Required: 3 years of related experience
Eligible for benefits, Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription and more.
Level of Language Proficiency
None, but Spanish helpful
Minimum Education Required