Job Description Summary:
The Mid-Tier Philanthropy Advisor is responsible for managing a portfolio of 500 mid-tier partners ($1,000 – $4,999 per year) with the goal to cultivate and deepen relationships with them and draw them into greater connection to the ministry and increase their giving and involvement.
The Mid-Tier Philanthropy Advisor reports to the Philanthropy Manager and works collaboratively with the entire Philanthropy team and other COTN departments to build strong relationships with COTN partners. The Mid-Tier Advisor will work out of the COTN Seattle Office.
Job Description Detail:
- Implement a touchpoint/cultivation strategy for mid-tier partners throughout the year, looking for ways to enhance the process of meeting partners giving objectives. Collaborate with the Philanthropy Manager on continually improving this strategy.
- Effectively share with mid-tier partners COTN’s ministry impact, opportunities for giving, funding proposals, and timely reporting.
- Achieve goals of raising $400,000 ($150K for General, $200K for Program, and $50K for Projects), graduating 40 mid-tier partners up to major gifts, recruit 10+ mid-tier partners to go on a Venture trip, organize and execute one Share the Vision event, acquire 40 new child sponsorships.
- Researching potential partner opportunities in existing database using wealth indicator software.
- Support the Philanthropy team by acting as the account administrator. Creating the monthly production report, act as the Advancement Rep for large foundations and matching fund companies to catch and sort gifts coming in throughout the year and ensure they are appropriately assigned.
- Update Philanthropy Advisor’s measurables in their portfolios monthly; populate with partner information.
- Monitor all major gifts, working closely with the finance department to ensure accuracy, request corrections as needed.
- Manage activities on the Advancement calendar and communicate plans and actions items to the Advancement Team.
- Provide assistance as needed for Advancement events.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong faith and dependence on Jesus Christ
- Strong commitment to uphold COTN Mission and Vision statement and standards in communications, conduct, operations, policies & practices
- Demonstrated and sincere interest in all aspects of COTN’s ministry
- B.S/B.A degree or equivalent preferred
- Must be relational, responsible, organized, detail-oriented
- Must have strong communication skills: written and verbal
- High computer literacy. Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint; Google Apps (Drive, Calendar, Gmail, Sites)
- Experience with the major gift process and fundraising preferred
Accrued monthly paid vacation, 64 hours paid sick leave/year, eligible for major medical, dental, vision, short term and long term disability and life insurance.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To officially apply please visit: https://cotn.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=43