Everytown for Gun Safety, the nation’s largest gun violence prevention advocacy group, is seeking an Operations Manager to fulfill an integral role on our fast-paced State Government Affairs team. You will be a key team player in state legislative tracking and operations management.
We’ll trust you to take on the following responsibilities:
- Meticulously maintain tracking systems used organization-wide for real time state legislative wins, losses, and progress
- Collaborate with Legal and other teams to comprehensively track state bills and achieve legislative goals
- Innovate and improve legislative tracking in response to departmental and interdepartmental needs
- Work with Data team to ensure that proprietary systems meet team needs
- Quickly and efficiently deliver information to leadership and other departments regarding legislative priorities and statistics
- Collaborate with Director and Managing Director to manage department-wide projects that may involve multiple teams
- Work with Director and team members to troubleshoot and optimize operations
- Manage logistical aspects and assist with content development of various events, including team, pod, and lobbyist retreats; team trainings; and team meetings
- Support Director and hiring managers to develop and hire a diverse pool of qualified candidates for open positions
- Collaborate with HR on onboarding process for all new States team members, in coordination with Director
- Manage Coordinator and/or interns as needed
Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- At least 5 years of professional experience, including 3+ years supporting team operations
- Experience supporting legislative or issue advocacy campaigns a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google suite, and the ability to quickly learn new systems
- Event planning experience a plus
- Strong communicator, with the ability to organize large amounts of complex information for concise decision making
- Problem solver with a strong ability to multitask and be resourceful
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Direct management experience a plus
- Keen attention to detail
- A willingness to bring your own perspective and sense of humor to any situation, while respecting the different approaches around you
- Ability to work nights and weekends, as needed
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success.