ABOUT NEW FUTURES:
New Futures is a dynamic local nonprofit with a unique approach to fighting inequity: we believe fiercely that shorter-term credentials – associate degrees or professional certifications – are an effective launch point toward rewarding, fulfilling careers. One of the only college success organizations supporting underserved young people on this so-called non-traditional path, New Futures invests in our Scholars with a deliberate combination of scholarships, academic and career advising, access to transformative professional networks, and a lot of heart as they jumpstart careers they love in high-growth fields that will lead to financial security and more equitable futures for all.
New Futures was founded in 1999 as a scholarship organization, but we are so much more than that now. We have evolved significantly since 2016 as a leader in college persistence and workforce development. Since our inception, we have worked with over 450 Scholars and awarded over $5 million in post-secondary scholarships. Ninety-one percent (91%) of Scholars who have started our program since 2013 are either still making progress towards or have successfully graduated from their educational programs. Having strengthened our approach so rapidly, with new programming and growing numbers of both Scholars and staff, we need YOU to help us build our capacity, expand our impact, and sustain our growth!
As the Program Assistant, you will support the Programs team with day-to-day logistics, data entry, and support for programming (workshops/events). This is a part-time position reporting to the Program Director.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Cross Program Collaboration and Support 100%
o Career Success
o Scholar Success
o Evaluation + Assessment
Other Duties as Assigned
· Minimum education: Associate degree and 1-2 years of experience providing support to a team.
Program Support Experience:
· Experience in data entry and supporting day-to-day logistics for events/workshops.
· Unwavering commitment to equity and passion to disrupt systemic racism, including building a racial equity work culture
● Strong detail-orientation and excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Ability to identify and solve problems with a “whatever it takes” attitude
● Eagerness to learn and improve, as well as enthusiasm for spearheading new projects
● Enthusiasm for team collaboration, including a willingness to pitch in as needed, while maintaining the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
● Extreme flexibility and adaptability, including a solutions-oriented approach to managing change
● Work-from-home during COVID-19 with an anticipated staggered re-entry to NF office in 2022
· Proficiency in Salesforce and Zoom
Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply
To apply: Submit a resume to Griselda Macias, Program Director, at Griselda@newfuturesdc.org.
Pay: $20/per hour, 15-20 hours a week
ABOUT NEW FUTURES:
New Futures is a dynamic local nonprofit with a unique approach to fighting inequity: we believe fiercely that shorter-term credentials – associate degrees or professional certifications – are an effective launch point…