Details: Competitive salary
29 Elk Street
Parks & Trails New York seeks a dynamic, goal-oriented candidate for the position of Development Director who enjoys the challenge of working on a variety of fundraising programs. The Development Director, who reports to and works closely with the Executive Director, as well as a Board Development Committee, designs, develops and implements a range of fundraising initiatives, including individual giving, membership, corporate sponsorships, foundation and government grants, online giving, and special events.
The Development Director manages all fundraising efforts to meet the short- and long-term needs of Parks & Trails New York.
- Develop a comprehensive fund development plan: identify annual revenue goals and sources and analyze progress towards those goals.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit prospects for financial support, including individuals, corporations, foundations, and special event sponsors, and nurture existing funders.
- Direct membership program.
- Oversee online fundraising.
- Create and oversee production of all fundraising materials: membership acquisition and retention vehicles, board solicitations, annual fund appeals, annual report, communications and reports to donors, major donor cultivation materials, and donor acknowledgements.
- Manage fundraising receptions, including honoree selection.
- Work closely with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, Development Committee, staff, and volunteers in fundraising activities, especially donor and prospect cultivation.
- Participate in solicitations, as appropriate.
Attractive benefit package, including health and dental, retirement plan, generous vacation time; collaborative work environment with a committed, creative team.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit letter of interest, including salary requirements, and resume. Mail: Development Director Search, PTNY, 29 Elk Street, Albany, NY 12207, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , fax: 518-427-0067. The position will remain open until filled